Split / Multi Screen for flying several craft at once?

Tontow

Is there any kind of a split screen plugin that will let me fly more than one craft at a time?

IE: I have a Aircraft as a launch platform and I launch a rocket with a probe. I need to be able to fly the plane in atmo and stage/roll the rocket in space for the probe at the same time.

If nothing else, maybe a way to freeze stages in time?

IE:

I separate the Aircraft and fire the rocket.

The Plugin asks me what I want to control and freezes the other one in time. When I'm done flying one, it will send me back in time to fly the other craft. As for the craft that I already flew: It will be on a sort of auto pilot rail.

Is there any kind of a split screen plugin that will let me fly more than one craft at a time?

IE: I have a Aircraft as a launch platform and I launch a rocket with a probe. I need to be able to fly the plane in atmo and stage/roll the rocket in space for the probe at the same time.

If nothing else, maybe a way to freeze stages in time?

IE:

I separate the Aircraft and fire the rocket.

The Plugin asks me what I want to control and freezes the other one in time. When I'm done flying one, it will send me back in time to fly the other craft. As for the craft that I already flew: It will be on a sort of auto pilot rail.

I will like the second one to applied in game. Sounds pretty cool. This way ill be able to reenter multiple crafts at once or even fly my recovered stages SpaceX style.

I would like a mod like this that worked on kerbals, and let you build up a path so you can click one button, and have everything play out from you, and have another button to add another controlled path to the units.

A tool like this would be completely awesome for anyone interested in cinematics as well, as it allows you to setup a scene, then click a button, and have it play out in the desired manner, so you can then then focus on controlling the camera, and can have a flock of kerbals move as a group, rather than single file.

Flight Manager for Reusable Stages does the time-splitting thing. You fly your primary payload to wherever it goes, and along the way, FMRS keeps track of anything that you drop that has a source of control on it (i.e. a probe core or cockpit). Once your payload is in a stable situation, you can jump back in time to the moments of separation, stabilize the spent stages, and then jump back to your main mission, with everything taken care of.

StageRecovery does something similar, but simpler: it just intercepts the deletion of a discarded stage (whether it has a probe or not) and turns it into recovery. You get science, crew, and funds back, depending on its terminal velocity (read: if it has a parachute or two attached) and how far downrange from KSC it is. You don't get any control over the recovery, but it's a simpler process, so there's less risk of anything bugging out (FMRS is pretty stable now, but I'm always a bit wary of weird temporal mechanics).

You don't even have to choose one or the other -- StageRecovery won't recover any spent stages that FMRS is "tracking", so they can coexist peacefully. (I use them both myself.)

For coordinating multiple Kerbals simultaneously (including setting patrol patterns), there's EVA Follower, and for ships there's Burn Together (which BahamutoD indicates seems to work in 1.0, despite being built for 0.90). (I don't use either of these, so I don't know if they're quite what you want.)

I didn't think StageRecovery could recover anything that was still under powered flight? I thought you had to put shoots on the stages to make them recoverable.

And The Flight Manager for Reusable Stages is right along the lines of what I'm looking for. :) I will check it out now.

• 2 weeks later...

The other option not mentioned for controlling multiple ships at once is Dark Multiplayer. You'd need two PCs, or just two copies of KSP running at the same time.

I didn't think StageRecovery could recover anything that was still under powered flight? I thought you had to put shoots on the stages to make them recoverable.

StageRecovery does have a "powered landing" mode to do recoveries SpaceX-style (with no parachutes).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.