KSP frustration

Tuck00

I feel for you. My younger boy is currently potty training, and we are currently making progress. I shall not be flying any "real" missions in the near future. On the other hand, I probably won't be able to get any chores done, either.

A juice box ended the mission I have worked so hard on.

That's awful, man.

I tried to explain my feelings to my wife….

Never do this. You now know why.

The station is still there and manned so I guess now I send another Lander out and try again. After taking a blow like that I may need a week off before I try again.

I understand. Take the week off ... then try again!

- - - Updated - - -

Look at it this way; you will never again forget to do a named save at the start of every play session :)

I don't like the way this game saves.

One time, after finishing a mission, I was back at KSC. I hit F5. I wanted to compare my science number to my previous hard save, so I loaded the hard save. Then when I tried to go back to the quicksave, it put me back in orbit during the previous mission! I was so angry!

So, now, I do a hard save at the start and end of every MISSION, F5 during a mission.

uggggh I played for like a whole month without even know f5 was a thing...

Pretty much the same here, only it was a few months not just one. And then, when I finally did use it, I ended up totally screwing up a multi-rover Mun mission effort... hours worth of stuff. So much for that. I don't bother with quicksaves anymore.

May I add that, after pressing F5, you could press escape folowed by an Alt+tab (or equivalent), that way other humanoids can (temporarily) use the computer.

My GF sometimes has to answer some important e-mails for our sales. Since it's a source of income, I feel it takes precedence.

"Kid" is also more important...

Ouch.

Wife should wait until you are done and she should also be the one cleaning up after the kid.

You laugh (or are offended) but you know I'm right.

;)

Nah, can't deny I'm proud to be an involved Dad and put the kids before the games. That doesn't mean giving up the games, though.

I sent a replace pilot and Lander...I'm just calling it a unexplained mishap. I miscalculated on the fuel needed to make all the landings anyway, so I would have sent a resupply mission anyway. I have F5 and hard saves on my check lists now.

Thanks for all the words of support and suggestions.

This is why they gave us named saves. After my own painful learning experiences, now I do a new named save after each gaming session. That way I can't lose more than a couple of hours, and it's been worth that a few times.

In fact, I started before we got named saves. Then, I'd drag a copy of my persistence file to the desktop before every session, so I could always go back to its beginning if needed.

I have my own room with my own PC in it. Sometimes my wife will come and sit on the couch behind me and bring the kids in. They start going nuts and hanging off my mouse arm. After 5-10 minutes of that I get ....ty and kick everyone out of my room.

I look after the kids all day so I NEED my gaming time to unwind from some long long days. It takes a special breed to enjoy being a stay at home mum. It's certainly not my cup of tea. I'm looking forward to going back to work. 7 months of looking after kids is enough.

I was recently reminded of the importance of frequent quicksaves when my cat was feeling ignored and walked across they keyboard during the munar insertion burn on my first trip there of this campaign. Of course she managed to step on the spacebar and seperate the capsule from the rest of the rocket.

Reverted to launch and screwed up the next 2 tries myself, but at least I was remembering to quicksave as I went.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.