Annoying Warp to here markers

Is there any way to get rid of these things. Since theyve been recently added I keep accidentally pressing them, the map view is fiddly enough with all the things going on. I dont understand why squad have needlessly manufactured a new problem for everyone. If I want to warp I press warp, why do I need a marker on the map. This is a perfect example of someone trying to fix problems that dont exist and making new ones in the process. PLEASE give us the option of disabling the "warp to here" markers Sqaud.

In the meantime, maybe there is some way to disable them that someone knows.

I use them quite a lot, and I'm very pleased that they were added. The problem fixed by them was accidental warping past the desired point, something which was common due to the way that warp ramps up and down, particularly for longer warps or highly eccentric orbits where there is a rapid increase in speed approaching periapsis. They also improved the user interaction by changing the method from an imprecise stream of carefully timed keypresses, to just a simple click.

Are they perfect? Probably not. Could further improvements be made? Undoubtably.

I agree with Murph too.....I really like the warp here feature and use it all the time. Ive always been a bit "warp button finger heavy" and overshoot my manoeuvre nodes regularly so for me this is an awesome help.

I don't want to see them removed, but maybe put them on a right click interface instead of right next to the create maneuver node button. Also, fix it so it works... without zooming past your destination.

Also, fix it so it works... without zooming past your destination.

No "zooming past" for me, either completely stock or with Kerbal Alarm Clock. You might want to check if one of your mods is creating a failure case for them, or file a detailed bug report if you've got a reliable way to make them "zoom past".

No "zooming past" for me, either completely stock or with Kerbal Alarm Clock. You might want to check if one of your mods is creating a failure case for them, or file a detailed bug report if you've got a reliable way to make them "zoom past".

You do not zoom past your marker, the problem is then you have multiple crafts, you send one towards Mun, second towards minmus, you then set up an midpoint adjustment burn and manage to press warp here, suddenly a day has gone and your mun probe is past Mun.

other times you set up nodes just to plan scenarios or getting dV estimates

Look like I should update alarm clock, having to double click will solve this.

Looks like I'm out of touch and everyone else loves them lol.

I guess I am the only one who clicks on them by accident because they are right next to all the other intricate clutter on the map view.

I find the fact u cant configure them off very irritating, what can I say. :)

KAC does all of this better. It manages to warp without missing the target and you can enable double click for those warp to buttons. I find the buttons very occasionally useful, but mostly just annoying if not restricted to double clicks.

Is there any way to get rid of these things. Since theyve been recently added I keep accidentally pressing them, the map view is fiddly enough with all the things going on. I dont understand why squad have needlessly manufactured a new problem for everyone. If I want to warp I press warp, why do I need a marker on the map. This is a perfect example of someone trying to fix problems that dont exist and making new ones in the process. PLEASE give us the option of disabling the "warp to here" markers Sqaud.

In the meantime, maybe there is some way to disable them that someone knows.

I personally find these quite useful.

You do not zoom past your marker, the problem is then you have multiple crafts, you send one towards Mun, second towards minmus, you then set up an midpoint adjustment burn and manage to press warp here, suddenly a day has gone and your mun probe is past Mun.

KAC should also stop that from happening.

No, it has been well documented. It was seen in streams prior to the release of 1.0. It is a known bug in some circumstances that it will not stop when it is supposed to.

I seem to have installed KAC so quickly after installing 1.0.x that I didn't even know the stock game had "warp to" markers. I hid them KAC after the 3rd or 4th time I accidentally clicked one, screwing up my mission.

Sad, too, because I was one of the people who requested them. :D

FWIW, Kerbal Alarm Clock gives you the option to require two-click authorization on the warp-to buttons. It's a lifesaver, and allows the best of both worlds.

...So checking back in... how do you do this again? I perused all the options in-game for KAC but I see nothing :(

No, it has been well documented. It was seen in streams prior to the release of 1.0. It is a known bug in some circumstances that it will not stop when it is supposed to.

This bug happens to me constantly. I have trust issues with speeding up time now.

I liked them at first but warped past very important burns one too many times and now never use them on purpose. I have clicked on them by accident several times while trying to adjust nodes.

My goto now is KAC and MechJeb's warp helper.

...So checking back in... how do you do this again? I perused all the options in-game for KAC but I see nothing :(

In KAC, go to Settings > Specifics Tab > Warp to Drop Down > Warpto require confirmation

Well there is one thing about the warp to function of KAC that really annoyes me. KAC doesn't increase your warp speed when the warp limit gets higher.

The stock warp to does this better. It correctly increases timewarp when you gain altitude and the limit is higher.

• 1 month later...
In KAC, go to Settings > Specifics Tab > Warp to Drop Down > Warpto require confirmation

ain't no such thing

SFfRH50.png?1

please :( I want to disable this feature,

now in stock there is the warp here in the context menu, we don't even need it any more. Also it has no margin.

Edited by nablabla
image was not shown

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.