Stuttering with UI on

Modlist here: http://pastebin.com/1NQWSikC

Hello. As the Pastebin also shows, I'm running Kubuntu 14.04 and KSP 64bit 1.0.2

I have noticed that my performance was really poor ingame, so I installed GCMonitor to find out a bit more about what was going on, and what I could remove to improve the framerate

As it turns out, framerate was NOT being recorded as being an issue, instead being stable at 25-30 fps (yea yea not perfect, whatever, I can live with 25). But the game stutters all over the place. Interestingly enough, if I hide the UI (f2) the stuttering is gone completely.

Looking around a bit, I found that Contrac Window + was often cited as being a heavy offender when it comes for this issue, so I removed that, as well as other UI-heavy mods I had. The situation has improved, slightly, but when playing with the UI on, there's still a noticeable stuttering issue

Question is, is it possible to fix? If not, what do I need to remove to lessen the effect as much as possible?

Thank you very much for the assistance, let me know if anything else is required

I don't know about addons, but the stock game will stutter if your mouse polling rate is too high, and most gamers have a high DPI mouse these days.

is it as simple as reducing mouse DPI, or is there another trick to it?

Thanks for the reply

OP,

I am a linux 64bit user. I had horrible stuttering just like you. I fixed it with the following post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94378-Linux-Camera-Rotation-Stutter?p=1898724&viewfull=1#post1898724

You need to change your mouse polling rate, changing the DPI will do nothing. However after you change the polling rate to 125hz you will notice a huge difference. It went from being unplayable for me to very smooth.

Please note that many gaming mouses do not support linux. So in order for your new '125hz' setting to stick permanantly, you'll need to boot into an operating system that has your mouse drivers installed (usually windows), save the new profile with the new polling rate to the mouse instead of the system, and when you reboot in linux it should stick with the new settings. That's how I did it and I have absolutely no problems at all. Logitech g700 here.

Good luck and be sure to post back your results.

Thanks. Changing mouse polling rate helped somewhat, and now dragging doesn't stutter

However, the UI is still a major source for the remaining of the stuttering

For your Linux, are you using the Proprietary drivers or the opensource ones? Do you have a Nvidia or AMD videocard?

I recently had some issues with drivers, so I did a complete wipe of the OS, and reinstalled everything from scratch

I'm running an Nvidia Geforce GTX 850m with the proprietary Nvidia drivers

Same as me.

Unfortunately I do not know how to further diagnose your problem then. Hopefully somebody else will. Good luck!

I can confirm your symptoms of a slow game interface, and that some mods cause it to be worse. Also, removing the UI does help everything a LOT here. I have no solution for you, but I am having similar behavior on Gentoo Linux with Nvidia drivers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.