Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

If one of your posts is deleted, does it still count towards your default title (Bottle Rocketeer, Spacecraft Engineer,etc.)? On a related note, is it possible to go down a title rank if some of your posts are deleted?

The forum takes into account all posts that are not physically removed. User deletes are known as soft-deletes, which hide them from view. Physically removing posts is rare, but erases all record of them. Forever.

So can I ban commenters? Pretty please? ;)

You can disallow commenting on individual entries. Banning commenters leads to hate. Best to leave the hate directed at us.

And, does approving or disapproving blog posts do anything?

Nope. Normally, approving a post moves it out of the moderation queue and unapproving it moves it back in. Since you don't have access to the queue, you also don't have permission to put anything on it.

You can disallow commenting on individual entries. Banning commenters leads to hate. Best to leave the hate directed at us.

Nope. Normally, approving a post moves it out of the moderation queue and unapproving it moves it back in. Since you don't have access to the queue, you also don't have permission to put anything on it.

Great! Thank you!

On average, how many infractions do you think you give out each month?

It depends on the amount of the activity on the forums. A general rule is that more posts = more rulebreaks.

Specifically I do not know, although I would hazard a guess at 30-40.

See my reply further up the page. If it is a rifle scope pointed at the word "Persians" I think some people of Persian descent would find that offensive. The phrase "This is a title" is not really offensive.

Person of Persian descent here. I can say that I don't really find that offensive.

Person of Persian descent here. I can say that I don't really find that offensive.

Might we move on from the subject before the thread derails?

Speaking of derails, how many do you mods see/prevent every day, more or less?

That's great, but some might be more sensitive than you and there's really not a need to single out any nationality or ethnicity in that way.

Might we move on from the subject before the thread derails?

Speaking of derails, how many do you mods see/prevent every day, more or less?

I would think a couple per day or so. Mostly when a debate or discussion gets heated and people start discussing the posters rather than the posts.