Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Why that guy called 'Sun' got banned?

Sorry, for privacy reasons we do not discuss the particulars of moderation actions taken with individual members.

I have a,question, how do you guys not feel burned out being moderators? I tried to be one on another forum (not gonna say much other than that it was a complete disaster and we are still recovering)

Some days we do. We lean on each other a bit, either by venting in places where we communicate privately, or by letting other mods take up the burden while one takes a break. It also helps that our community is a reasonably well-behaved one, for the most part.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

I have a,question, how do you guys not feel burned out being moderators? I tried to be one on another forum (not gonna say much other than that it was a complete disaster and we are still recovering)

I, for one, largely deal with any of my moderation frustrations (and many of my frustrations generally) by loading up whatever sandbox game happens to be on my mind at the moment and turning on all the cheats and bonuses, and then just run around in it doing random silly and pointless things until I'm feeling better.

I've also recently started making sure to clear out enough time in my schedule to read at least a chapter of whatever book I'm reading each day, which helps.

Have you guys ever expected to become moderators, and how much has it affected your forum life?

I never expected to become a moderator. One day though, I just decided 'Hey! I could do this!'. So I applied, and now I'm allowed to slap people. It's affected my forum life positively in terms of posting. Before I joined the team, I had about 200 posts in about a year of being on the forum. Then surprise, 800 more in just over that about of time. I also think that being a moderator has generated a reputation centered around obscenely large mudkip gifs. This gets me Regulated Epic Points (REP), and +internet points for pokemon > -internet points for uncontrollable slapping.

tl;dr, I didn't expect to be a moderator when I signed up.

In you time as a moderator, what are your favorite thread you've seen? As a forum-goer?

There have been several challenge threads that I've enjoyed immensely. Though I don't post my creations most of the time.

The other thread I really enjoy reading through is the Open Source Construction Techniques for Craft Aesthetics. Some people come up with quite amazing little techniques with stock only parts/options.

Why would someone want,negative rep anyway...besides he who shall not,be named...

I don't think people want negative rep, but I imagine some people want to give it at times.