Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

When a person becomes a mod, is their a breaking in or training period?

There's a few stickies to read in the moderator's part of the forum, plus we get coached in IRC. From what I've seen new moderators ask about every little thing at first while getting the hang of things (I certainly did).

When a person becomes a mod, is their a breaking in or training period?

Yes, sort of a training period, every senior mod is helpful and keen about what the new moderators may have trouble with, full of good advice and happy to let them test and improve their skills. You all confirm junior mods, right?

There's a few stickies to read in the moderator's part of the forum, plus we get coached in IRC. From what I've seen new moderators ask about every little thing at first while getting the hang of things (I certainly did).

IRC? Is that just the system you use?

And what happens when they still active? o_O

Well, there is a system. If one accumulates too many infraction points over too few days then there are appropriate punies pour them, starting with post restrictions and ending with an interdit.

In the space Lounge->Forum Games, I am a Game Moderator for "The Number War!." How do you guys feel about threads, such as forum games, that require users to act as Mods for that thread?

I think we'd rather you called yourself a referee or judge, using the term moderator may lead others to approach you with forum moderation stuff, which would not be appropriate.

The moderation points accumulate if the poster receives more infractions. If a user reaches 25 points, they are added to the moderation queue until enough points expire to fall below 25 again.

Edit: Duoja'd.

So, pretty much, reaching 25 points simply puts you on the radar, so to speak?