Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

4.3 You should hold yourself up to the same standards that you expect the rest of the forum users to abide by, or you have no business being a mod.

As I understand it, it involved multiple people, with other accounts on the forum, making an alternate account. That is not against the rules, and it's exactly like the SQUAD account.

Besides the april fools joke(s), do moderators occassionally play practical jokes on individual, non-moderator users?

That would be entirely inappropriate.

4.3 You should hold yourself up to the same standards that you expect the rest of the forum users to abide by, or you have no business being a mod.

I did not create the account. It was created by another moderator for the express purpose of testing, with the approval of the admins and Squad staff, and its login credentials were not kept to any one moderator. We occasionally create other test accounts, for checking how things look for a regular user, validation of the registration process, and other unglamorous tasks; these accounts are not used for regular posting and they are never kept to a single moderator.

I think i , was around during the tail end of that. I THOUGHT the crowns looked familiar!

Back on topic:

Besides the april fools joke(s), do moderators occassionally play practical jokes on individual, non-moderator users?

- - - Updated - - -

And any,particularly funny ones that you remember doing?

The closest we came was it used to be common practice when editing out langue to put in something that would also lighten up the atmosphere..

Oh! Ok. I understand. Would it be,treated as disrespectful for a regular user to play a practical joke on a moderator (provided it causes,no harm to the forums and no vulgarity or anything offensive?

This was already answered, though not directly.

Remember, Offence can be taken regardless of whether it was given.

Oh! Ok. I understand. Would it be,treated as disrespectful for a regular user to play a practical joke on a moderator (provided it causes,no harm to the forums and no vulgarity or anything offensive?

Yeah, I agree. We tend not to play jokes on individual users simply for the fact that it can be poorly interpreted. Same goes the other way. Really, moderators play a little fun at each other more because we tend to know each other a bit (from hanging out in the chat). Practical jokes in text form can be taken very badly, so they are generally discouraged.

On the subject of Green Iron Crown (GIC), as was stated, we create "regular" user accounts for testing purposes. GIC escaped because we were checking an issue with the reputation system. In the few minutes we spent checking things, a user noticed that something was amiss, and the snowball began.

Cheers,

~Claw

Ok, I am new to the modding community. I was wondering, do major or popular mod makers get early access to an update so we can prepare our mods for KSP updates? How does this work? I heard that last part as a rumor earlier and just want to confirm.

Ok, I am new to the modding community. I was wondering, do major or popular mod makers get early access to an update so we can prepare our mods for KSP updates? How does this work? I heard that last part as a rumor earlier and just want to confirm.

Yes, but the group is closed and limited in numbers. I'm fairly sure any new addition is usually chosen by us and then passed on to Ted. You can try messaging him and/or Kasper, but I'm 100% sure they'll pass your name on to us before proceeding :P

Question 2. How often do people usually get infractions? Like how many a day/month, not individuals.

I can't speak for now, but back in my days, itd vary very *very* wildly from user to user. Some would constantly get some week after week, but the very vast majority of the community rarely scores any. probably an average of one per user per year.

Edited by stupid_chris

Yes, but the group is closed and limited in numbers. I'm fairly sure any new addition is usually chosen by us and then passed on to Ted. You can try messaging him and/or Kasper, but I'm 100% sure they'll pass your name on to us before proceeding :P

I can't speak for now, but back in my days, itd vary very *very* wildly from user to user. Some would constantly get some week after week, but the very vast majority of the community rarely scores any. probably an average of one per user per year.

At the rate I'm going, I should be set for the next year... :(

Here's my question for the moderators: Of all the mods out there, what are the top FIVE you would recommend to both new and old KSP players as being the essential mods to help maximize game play?

Edited by adsii1970