Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

All we know is they have sold over 1 million copies( thats on steam, and as of april 2015) . That was confirmed by steamspy, and Squad has since requested to be unlisted on that site. [url]https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/31cthn/ksp_has_sold_over_1_million_copies_on_steam_alone/[/url]

[quote name='r4pt0r']All we know is they have sold over 1 million copies( thats on steam, and as of april 2015) . That was confirmed by steamspy, and Squad has since requested to be unlisted on that site. [url]https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/31cthn/ksp_has_sold_over_1_million_copies_on_steam_alone/[/url][/QUOTE]
Past sales don't really matter, IMO. It's ongoing and potential sales that determine whether the game is worth continued development, so we're probably good for at least until after the console versions drop. After that some other revenue stream would be needed to incentivize further development.

[quote name='Red Iron Crown']Past sales don't really matter, IMO. It's ongoing and potential sales that determine whether the game is worth continued development, so we're probably good for at least until after the console versions drop. After that some other revenue stream would be needed to incentivize further development.[/QUOTE]

I must say when I posted that I was not considering $$$, rather I was sorta getting at "Woot, we sold at least a million"

It would be really nice to partake in just one tiny thread commemorating some sort of sales milestone...

But I still understand why they didnt want to, cartels and such there. Actually, since [I]former producer[/I] Maxmaps that said that ( [URL="https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/330vsi/squad_removes_steam_spy_data_from_public_view/cqgix7f"]here for those curious[/URL] ), think this new turkey guy will let us have a celebration thread next time they reach a sales total milestone?

[quote name='Sampa']Also, why was it decided to make the stock procedural fairings decouple the way they do? (am I even allowed to ask this?)[/QUOTE]

[s]They were drunk[/s] It allows the fairing debris to be ejected to a safe distance.

[quote name='Generalstarwars333']Hey, how do we change our titles? I've seen people with titles that have changed (Like starfleet admiral, for instance), but I have no idea how to do it myself.[/QUOTE]
Settings button at the top of the forums > Edit profile on the left. Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

[quote name='Red Iron Crown']Edit Profile is on the left, not the right. :P[/QUOTE]
Oh, yeah. Thanks.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Alright: Will it be against the rules after the 27th to take craft requests with a group of collaborative builders in a thread in the spacecraft exchange? Thank you!

[quote name='Mad Rocket Scientist']Alright: Will it be against the rules after the 27th to take craft requests with a group of collaborative builders in a thread in the spacecraft exchange? Thank you![/QUOTE]

[notamod]
RP is specifically stated as the reason for the removal of the RB section of the forum. I guess taking requests to make crafts will be OK as long as there is no corporation/employee/CEO thing.
[/notamod]

[quote name='Gaarst'][notamod]
RP is specifically stated as the reason for the removal of the RB section of the forum. I guess taking requests to make crafts will be OK as long as there is no corporation/employee/CEO thing.
[/notamod][/QUOTE]
I think so too, but I would prefer hearing it (or something else) from a moderator.

Sorry if this has been asked before and/or is dumb, but rule 3.1 says:

[QUOTE][B]3.1 Definition of “staff” and “member of staff”
A member of staff is someone appointed by or on behalf of Squad to handle (part of) one or multiple services as meant in 1.1. Squad employees and forum moderators are two such examples of this definition.[/B][/QUOTE]

So do Porkjet/Roverdude/NathanKell and any other modders Squad hire count as staff? I'm assuming they do, but does that include when they are not acting in the capacity of Squad staff but are instead acting as normal members of the community, eg. commenting on mod threads or spacecraft?

Not asking for any particular reason, just out of interest.

They are considered staff, yes. If you are wondering about how it applies regarding rule 3.4, I don't think any of the contracted modders mind discussion of their decisions regarding their mods (though of course you should be polite and respectful, as you should with any forum member).