Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

1 hour ago, Andem said:

Why are all of the 1.1 threads being merged into one? Why can't they stay their own threads?

When a new version comes out, there's always a frenzy of new threads. Frank's opinion on feature X, Betty's opinion on feature X, Ralph's fix for bug Y, Veronica's request for a fix for bug Y, etc., etc. For the first few days, we try to reduce duplication and confusion by collecting everything in one master thread. We stop once things settle down a bit. 

@HoloYolo, usually it's because the thread contains information which is of serious importance to a great number of players (such as announcements), or if it's something really useful which will be overlooked if it drifts down a few pages on the lists of threads (such as bug reporting guides). Also, 'threads of the month' get pinned during their months. 

12 hours ago, Berlin said:

what are the rules pertaining to leaving a GIF on a forum thread instead of a PNG?

Same as any other image really. Posts that are just a reaction image may be removed. Images that might cause the site to lag or slow down for other users may be removed (so no 50MB animated gifs please). Other than that... meh!

2 minutes ago, technicalfool said:

Same as any other image really. Posts that are just a reaction image may be removed. Images that might cause the site to lag or slow down for other users may be removed (so no 50MB animated gifs please). Other than that... meh!

Coolio Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Would writing a guide on how to upload ships in the Spacecraft Exchange be forbidden/frowned upon, and if it is not, do I post it in the Spacecraft Exchange or Kerbal Network?

Thanks!

In the managed follow content... I would much rather see the date of the last post instead of the date when starting to follow the thread or the date the thread was started.  Could this be added or replaced?

Not a critical request or anything, just a small quality of life improvement.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Montag said:

In the managed follow content... I would much rather see the date of the last post instead of the date when starting to follow the thread or the date the thread was started.  Could this be added or replaced?

Not a critical request or anything, just a small quality of life improvement.  Thanks.

That's how I prefer to view followed content, too. Try using a custom activity stream, you could add the one I use to your streams: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/discover/58/

2 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

That's how I prefer to view followed content, too. Try using a custom activity stream, you could add the one I use to your streams: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/discover/58/

I nearly replied to this saying "Hey, you're following the same threads as me..." before I came to my senses...

It's been a long day... :wink:

5 hours ago, Spaceception said:

So, about swearing, why is liquid blocked, but not damn?

Don't block damn, but I don't see any reason for liquid to be blocked, love, and excrements, I can definitely see, but not liquid.

...why are you testing this?

11 hours ago, Spaceception said:

So, about swearing, why is liquid blocked, but not damn?

Don't block damn, but I don't see any reason for liquid to be blocked, love, and excrements, I can definitely see, but not liquid.

Yeah, I've pondered that myself. Also, I've seen stuff like excrements unfiltered before, was there a time when such restrictions weren't in place or enforced?

And ass isn't blocked?

I'm a little confused...

Edited by Andem

We block the words that seem to be the most vulgar, or most used. Now, can we stop trying hit-and-miss experimentation to see what gets past the filter? Because this is why we can't have nice things. :mad:

And yes, one can see our join dates by hovering over our avatars or going to our profiles. We don't change names or accounts when we get mod powers, so those are our actual join dates.