Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Are there any plans to add a Twitch embed widget?  There used to be a BB code in the old forum software.  It'd be nice to get that back.

Edited by Guest

On 10/30/2016 at 11:44 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

We don't generally do announcements about changes to the moderation team.

Could you start doing that, please? It's nice to know who is on the Mod team. Even a post in this subforum would work.

Besides, I need to know when to order the celebratory cakes.

34 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Could you start doing that, please? It's nice to know who is on the Mod team. Even a post in this subforum would work.

Besides, I need to know when to order the celebratory cakes.

You can check the list whenever you like, and mods have tags by their avatars.

Since @Red Iron Crown is a global moderator, does this mean that he can exert control over the United Nations? I think it would be cool to have a KSP forum moderator guiding that august body. :D (Seriously, congrats, I noticed this about two months ago... not sure when you added it!)

Edited by adsii1970

4 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Other than it being a bit self-promoting, not really averse to it.

Oh, OK.

4 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

That and it's amusing when a new mod gets reported for backseat moderating.

I get that reference.

Congratulations, @Starhawk! It was fairly obvious for a long time that they'd press-gang you into becoming a mod. You're one of the best members of the community that I know, and I'm not saying that to be nice. You're mature, helpful, omnipresent, and kind. If there was one person I would have recommended to be a mod, it is you.

Go forth, and do great things.

13 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Congratulations, @Starhawk! It was fairly obvious for a long time that they'd press-gang you into becoming a mod. You're one of the best members of the community that I know, and I'm not saying that to be nice. You're mature, helpful, omnipresent, and kind. If there was one person I would have recommended to be a mod, it is you.

Go forth, and do great things.

Thank you, Dman, you are too kind.

Also, you, too, are kind. :)

Happy landings!

24 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I have a question: What exactly does a "warning point" do? :) 

They are a way of tracking repetitive rule breaking. Accumulate enough in a short enough amount of time and your account will be set to have content requiring moderator approval or, if enough points, banned.

2 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

What would happen if a dev has the same nickname as a forumer and needs a forum account as well?

Situation hasn't occurred, I'm sure something could be worked out one way or another.

51 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Accumulate enough in a short enough amount of time and your account will be set to have content requiring moderator approval or, if enough points, banned.

Better yet, be one of them cool kids and don't accumulate any. Cool? Cool. :mad: