Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

43 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Would you tell me what motivated them to do this?

It was before my time as a mod so I don't know the specifics. I would observe that some people overreact to things, whether it's being moderated, having a disagreement with another user, or not having the game developed in the way they think it should. vOv

Dear mods, I have a question for you. So as you may know (Or at least @sal_vager), there was once a great thread called the Number War. Due to some careless mistakes by some of my fellow 'soldiers', we idiotically got the thread closed. I will be willing to accept the hits, but I am asking- BEGGING you to at least consider re-opening the thread.

20 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Dear mods, I have a question for you. So as you may know (Or at least @sal_vager), there was once a great thread called the Number War. Due to some careless mistakes by some of my fellow 'soldiers', we idiotically got the thread closed. I will be willing to accept the hits, but I am asking- BEGGING you to at least consider re-opening the thread.

Probably better to PM a mod about that. :) 

Unfortunately of all the games we've seen here on the Kerbal Space Program none have been as dividing or have cause more cheating, arguments (both in the thread and privately) and animosity between members as the number war, hard to believe for such a simple concept, but I guess it boils down competitiveness and "Us verses them" mentality to its most basic example.

It was a burden on the moderation team for a very long time, on a par with some of the worst offenders such as certain Rocket Builders threads and some non KSP fan threads.

So I'm sorry but the number war is unsuitable for these forums, at least for the time being.

1 minute ago, sal_vager said:

Unfortunately of all the games we've seen here on the Kerbal Space Program none have been as dividing or have cause more cheating, arguments (both in the thread and privately) and animosity between members as the number war, hard to believe for such a simple concept, but I guess it boils down competitiveness and "Us verses them" mentality to its most basic example.

It was a burden on the moderation team for a very long time, on a par with some of the worst offenders such as certain Rocket Builders threads and some non KSP fan threads.

So I'm sorry but the number war is unsuitable for these forums, at least for the time being.

:(

9 hours ago, VaPaL said:

How do you guys deal with cultural differences?

While on the forum, the forum culture supersedes all others. This forum has unique practices and ways of speaking that aren't seen in other forums or in real life. For example, "delta-v" is a term often used here, but not very often in anyone's day to day life no matter the culture they come from or the language they speak. This is why culture clashes don't happen often here, there's only really one culture.

So to answer your question, we don't because there aren't.

So, I've been interested in reviving a topic lately, but I'm not sure how to go about it. This thread is currently almost a year old, but the topic it covers is still very much active. So I'm not sure whether it would be better to revive this thread or to make a completely new one. I'm asking here because I don't think this is a thread worthy question, but I don't know if this should go somewhere else :P

(I also note that this is a particularly touchy subject with regards to rule 2.2.j, but if I understand correctly, announcing the existence of such things is not forbidden. Please correct me if wrong.)

41 minutes ago, Dres said:

So, I've been interested in reviving a topic lately, but I'm not sure how to go about it. This thread is currently almost a year old, but the topic it covers is still very much active. So I'm not sure whether it would be better to revive this thread or to make a completely new one. I'm asking here because I don't think this is a thread worthy question, but I don't know if this should go somewhere else :P

(I also note that this is a particularly touchy subject with regards to rule 2.2.j, but if I understand correctly, announcing the existence of such things is not forbidden. Please correct me if wrong.)

There are exceptions galore for potentially necro'ing a thread. In this case, I personally think that the best solution would be to contact the OP of the thread, Spaceception, and see if they're still interested in that particular thread. If they've moved on, start a new one. If not, just post to it.

19 hours ago, diomedea said:

so we discuss things together and come to understand better what a poster may mean in his own culture

this, sparse linguistic history over age, linguistic genealogia, archeology, local history over ages , splitted path, internet, cells phone and all ... that's quiet a mess nowdays // 100 years ago and before

born here born there, thoose habits over ages, not this one and etc ... often no one remind why some stuff are conflictual amongst various cultures, and it's a pain to find out each smallest clue or hint

i m not a mod regarding that, just a curious "lite autist daily concerned brain totally messed up" georges, as a lite autist i overreact to tons of stuff (call it toc eventually) so i camp the subforum not to annoy the mod team, but i got lot of ban and warning, then added the link to my sig so much i was bored, and annoyed to annoy the mod team

let's say i m someone allergic, to politics, religion and over hypothalamo hypophyse a side oriented behaviours(<= this cause a lot of self struggling stuff especially) , and there no magic pills to cure that, as i say it's like trying to throw chemical in the ocean hoping the earth not to have a magnetic north and south pole

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

13 hours ago, munlander1 said:

What day and what time do you see the most activity?

What Red said.  We don't really have a sharp spike of increased activity, mainly because users are smeared across a fair number of time zones.

However, we do kinda have a trough of low activity, corresponding to the time period when the Americas have mostly gone to bed, but Europe mostly hasn't woken up yet.  The large majority of our users are either in Europe or the Americas.  (Certainly we have users practically everywhere, but Europe and the Americas seem to have the lion's share.)

I have the impression that activity tends to tick upwards a bit on weekends, since that's when folks tend to have more free time, aren't at work, etc.  (Certainly that's when I see an uptick in the download rate of my mods, which I can see a handy graph for-- there's always an uptick on Saturday / Sunday after I release an update.)

It's worth noting that you can answer this question pretty much as well as the mods can, just by looking at forums and posts and stuff.  :wink:

18 hours ago, munlander1 said:

If I wanted a thread closed and used this fourm: 

would I be able to request it to be reopened?

Maybe we should have a "Need your own thread reopened? Post here." Thread :wink:

Edited by DarkOwl57