Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

7 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Numbers War :)

Orly? Did it have, I dunno, over 5000 replies and 500,000 views, generating over 10,000 likes? Hm? Maybe? Hm? 

Just now, Dman979 said:

Actually, that's second, with 20,613. First is "What did you do in KSP today?" with 30,839 posts and climbing.

Ah. Well, something to aspire to then.

6 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Actually, that's second, with 20,613. First is "What did you do in KSP today?" with 30,839 posts and climbing.

But I will add that to the FAQ.

Ah, see thats what happens when you just assume something without checking your facts. Good thing we have the man Dman to put us straight :)

11 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

But I will add that to the FAQ.

I was actually about say I think that one's higher, but then lunch came.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155808-your-avatar-and-your-username/
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155808-your-avatar-and-your-username/&do=findComment&comment=2939594

something happened to like swapping ?

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
got a rough idea why it happened, may be a short disclaimer mouse over tooltip ? or link to a thread: "like: how it work"

We moderators generally concentrate on different parts of the forum to make sure the whole thing gets covered, but we do help wherever it's needed. 

It would be very hard to guess about that kind of activity because the forum has busy spells and slow spells. When a new version comes out, I may lock/merge 8 or 10 threads a day due to redundancy, or I might go a couple of weeks without acting on any. Sorry, but I couldn't even take a reasonable guess. And it varies between moderators because some of us have full-time jobs, others help out between classes, and so on. 

Just like other forum members, some of us patrol some areas more than others, though some, due to their skills with other languages, often are charged (or at least called upon when necessary) to oversee international forums.

Yep, it is perfectly volunta- PLEASE HELP I'M BEING FORCED TO MODERATE

Several times, certainly, but I'm not sure of the exact number.

7 hours ago, munlander1 said:

So do you guys choose what part of the forums you moderate in?

We used to be assigned to specific areas based on where we were active before becoming moderators, now mods are expected to handle all areas.

Moderating is a volunteer job, correct?

Correct, with the exception of the community managers.

How many times has the fourm had a crash?

Only once that resulted in data loss.

5 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Am I correct in saying that @Starhawk is no longer a moderator? Is everything OK with him?

Taking a break from the forum, his moderator privileges were suspended as a security measure. They'll be reinstated when he returns.

12 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Oh........ How? Did the site get a virus? Data crash? uh........... er....... Something technical that I can't think about at the moment?

I thought it was originally supposed to be an April Fool's joke, but yeah, there was no data backup for a few months, and lots of stuff got lost.

25 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

I thought it was originally supposed to be an April Fool's joke, but yeah, there was no data backup for a few months, and lots of stuff got lost.

I don't think it was an April fools' joke.  Here's SQUAD's official statement: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Great_April_Derp

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist