Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

2 hours ago, Dman979 said:

No, there is no ASL subforum. I included it as a joke, because most of the other moderators speak a second language other than English, and I felt left out. :/ Seeing as it's caused a bit of confusion, I'll change my title. :(

Oh no... don't do it because of me. I'm the outlier. Joke is good joke. 

Granted if I fail to pass my medical and I enter VG development; I'll learn Spanish. So there's that.

1 hour ago, Core said:

Which mod is the oldest?

If by been on the team the longest, I think it might be Supernovy or myself. If by age... well I'll let them answer that :p.

EDIT: Forgot about Purpletarget and SJWT, they were here before me.

13 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

question for the mods: would it be possible to impose a max character count per post to prevent people from pasting multi-megabyte logs into posts (it causes all sorts of problems)?

Not supported by the software or any plugin I could find for it, unfortunately. I agree this would be a good addition. 

I'm not quite sure whether anyone else has noticed this, but where has our (as members, not devs) ability gone for being able to post articles? This used to be quite a thing (for me) in the pre-2015 forum update, and since then I can't find any information on people talking about the disappearance of regular members being able to post articles. Any information or reasoning regarding this? Thanks :D

12 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

So uh, (Stupid mobile) I've accidentally marked both addon releases and space/sci as read, the s/s threads was a few weeks ago, is there any way to change that back? :/

I'm afraid not. :( 

On 5/22/2017 at 8:06 PM, Core said:

Which mod is the oldest?

If you mean in terms of actual age, I believe that I am currently the second-oldest.  I name no names as to the oldest. That person can come forward if they choose.  :P

12 hours ago, Frybert said:

First account was either Nov or Dec of 2012. Got wiped in the derp. I didn't manage to make a new account until my profile's current join date.

I mean when did you get demot- oh you're a moderator again.... *derp*

I've got a problem with the forum and not sure where to direct it. Here lately (for the past three weeks), whenever I do a forum search, it will go to a blank screen. That's it. No search results, no nothin'. It's making it very hard to do anything on the forum, especially updating mods. Any suggestions...?

6 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

CKAN.

Not a direct attack against you, @ZooNamedGames, but there are a few dozen mods I use whose authors refuse to use CKAN. And after a series of problems I had a while back ago with CKAN, I prefer to update the mods myself. I do not like CKAN. I do not like CKAN, Sam I am...!

And the problem is the forum misdirecting and not my abilities to update mods on my own.

Edited by adsii1970