Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Call me late to the punch, but I just saw Frybert step away from the forum (and it seems for good). Has this lead to any changes in the moderation team? Since I know he was a big member of it (or at least I appreciated him enough to think of him as a big member).

2 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Has this lead to any changes in the moderation team? Since I know he was a big member of it (or at least I appreciated him enough to think of him as a big member).

Well, we miss him, but no, no major changes since. We have a healthy amount of moderators at the moment, quite a few of which are international :) 

23 minutes ago, monstah said:

Well, we miss him, but no, no major changes since. We have a healthy amount of moderators at the moment, quite a few of which are international :) 

Tsk tsk. Well I'll wait for that day when you're lacking english speaking moderators even if that's 25 years from now and you all know I'll wait.

Until then, the team is a great one nonetheless :wink: down an infamous member :/ .

If I were to stop typing on this computer, and switch to my phone, I'd have to log in on the phone again. If I then switched back to the computer, I'd have to do the same.  This is the only forum that does this, it's not a setting on my devices that is doing it, it's just this forum, and it's the same on 3 different computer browsers, and 2 different iPhone browsers.

16 minutes ago, tater said:

If I were to stop typing on this computer, and switch to my phone, I'd have to log in on the phone again. If I then switched back to the computer, I'd have to do the same.  This is the only forum that does this, it's not a setting on my devices that is doing it, it's just this forum, and it's the same on 3 different computer browsers, and 2 different iPhone browsers.

Strange, I'm currently logged at both my work computer and phone (just checked), and I'm pretty sure my home computer is also logged in.

But I've had what you describe happen to me before. It might be a profile setting?

Hm, looked for it and didn't find anything.

55 minutes ago, monstah said:

Yeah, I posted that but it merged with the above message.

Also, I just logged out on the computer, and the phone was still logged in.

Could you try logging out in all devices, then logging back in?

I'll try that when I am home. I've had both logged out, though.

2 hours ago, Jas0n said:

What subforum gets the most of the curious george posts? Other than welcome aboard that is. :)

My guess would be add-on releases, it's by far the most active section of the forum and many people create an account just to ask a question or provide feedback there.

3 minutes ago, Sampa said:

Hey, out of curiosity, what are the signs that a user has blocked you on the forum?

You try to visit their profile page and see this:

564ab9ccd4837.jpg

Actually, from what I've been told, you cannot see any of their comments and they cannot see any of theirs. But then again, I am not a mod and have been the recipient of a rough couple of days...

Edited by adsii1970

40 minutes ago, Sampa said:

Hey, out of curiosity, what are the signs that a user has blocked you on the forum?

If a user blocks you, the only thing you will notice is that they don't respond to your posts or messages. You can still see theirs, though.