Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

15 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

No to just about all of them. People would wonder if we were using our access to rig them and stuff like that, and also we sometimes help pick the winners. 

I wondered why I never see you or any of the others doing challenges. 

And truth is, this is also the big reason I don't want to be a moderator (not that I was ever in the running). I am so proud of how many people have read Emiko, I'd hate to have someone accuse me of jacking up the view count. :wink:

4 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I have 3 extra signed photographs of astronaut Scott Altman, and I was wondering if I could give it out as a challenge prize. I've done this on other forums, and I have not found anything in the rules of this forum that are against it, but I just wanted to check in with you guys. 

The person to ask would be @Badie , but with the disruption in Mexico City, you may not get a response right away. 

30 minutes ago, akron said:

Are there new changes to the forum code? The Forums now only work on Microsoft Edge. Chrome and Firefox no longer work. When using those I can't post, reply or quote. I can only browse and respond to PMs.

Working fine for me in Firefox 55 on both Windows and Linux.

However, lately I've been running into more and more websites that have to be run in a private window in order to work on FF in Windows.   I've resorted to running in permanent private mode.  Maybe try the forum in a private tab or window and see if it makes a difference.  Never been an issue on Linux though..

7 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Working fine for me in Firefox 55 on both Windows and Linux.

However, lately I've been running into more and more websites that have to be run in a private window in order to work on FF in Windows.   I've resorted to running in permanent private mode.  Maybe try the forum in a private tab or window and see if it makes a difference.  Never been an issue on Linux though..

Thanks, I've just tried it and unfortunately, it does not work for me.

By the way. I tried it on 3 different computers at 2 different locations. I freshly installed Opera and it also does not work

EDIT: One more symptom. If I "Edit" a post on FF or Chrome, the post I am editing will appear blank. So will any quote boxes in that post

Edited by akron

I've tried a number of things and nothing works. Oh well, hopefully someone else can chime in if they have this problem.

One more symptom: If I click "Insert other media" it jumps me to the top of the page and a black rectangle saying "loading" appears but the circle thing doesn't move or goes away.

EDIT: I've re-installed browsers and installed new ones I'd never used. Can a moderator PM me to help?

Edited by akron

I also can't reply to threads on my computer, using Chrome. Works fine from my phone (otherwise you wouldn't be reading this).

Edit: Posting this edit from my PC using MS Edge. :/

Edited by MaxxQ

On 9/24/2017 at 5:04 AM, MaxxQ said:

I also can't reply to threads on my computer, using Chrome. Works fine from my phone (otherwise you wouldn't be reading this).

Edit: Posting this edit from my PC using MS Edge. :/

On 9/24/2017 at 4:24 PM, Vanamonde said:

Passing long these reports to our IT... 

Posted in the other thread as well, but wanted to mention here that clearing my browser cache fixed my posting issue.

• 2 weeks later...