Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

6 hours ago, dundun92 said:

I have no idea where to put this, or if it justifies its own thread, so I put it here. Starting Yesterday, I can no longer access my notifications. The circle spins indefinitely. If I click on "show all notifications", it says that the page is unavailable. Mail/Messaging still works however. 

I just tried it and it's working for me. Anybody else? 

43 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Everything's been fine for me.

Sounds like it could be a cache issue.

Tried clearing cache, and different browsers, still broken. 

6 hours ago, Deddly said:

@dundun92, how many notifications do you normally have? I wonder if you might have so many that it reached some kind of maximum we didn't know about 

I haven't cleared them. I do have a lot of old ones. I normally have 10 new ones. It froze at 9.

2 hours ago, dundun92 said:

I haven't cleared them. I do have a lot of old ones. I normally have 10 new ones. It froze at 9.

Trust me, that's nothing.

I can leave my computer for 4 hours and get more notifications than that. I know this for a fact, since I came back to my computer just now after leaving it for 4 hours and I had more than 10 notifications.

11 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Agreed.  If it's just a question of numbers, I've had days I log on and have 20-30 notifications, or even more, especially if I have a new or binge Emiko reader. I know if someone is binge reading because I'll get a bunch of likes, maybe 15-20 minutes apart, from the same person, and when I check what they were, it will often turn out they're reading one chapter after another, and liking them as they go along. And if they max out at 25 likes... well, they can add up fast. 

I can't remember off hand the most I've had at one time, but I'm pretty sure it was close to 50, and the forum didn't glitch up or anything.

Oh, FYI, mine have been working all day as well.

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

I can leave my computer for 4 hours and get more notifications than that. I know this for a fact, since I came back to my computer just now after leaving it for 4 hours and I had more than 10 notifications.

I can leave my computer for four hours and have 23 notifications and one private message... makes me feel loved.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Agreed.  If it's just a question of numbers, I've had days I log on and have 20-30 notifications, or even more, especially if I have a new or binge Emiko reader. I know if someone is binge reading because I'll get a bunch of likes, maybe 15-20 minutes apart, from the same person, and when I check what they were, it will often turn out they're reading one chapter after another, and liking them as they go along. And if they max out at 25 likes... well, they can add up fast. 

I can't remember off hand the most I've had at one time, but I'm pretty sure it was close to 50, and the forum didn't glitch up or anything.

Oh, FYI, mine have been working all day as well.

Same here. I can get a few dozen when I just put out a new chapter of Kerny. The most I've ever had at one time was when I didn't log on for nearly a week. I had 237 - and a few private messages asking me where I was and if everything was ok. Again, makes me feel loved!

12 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

And here I am just glad to see 1 or 2. Yeesh.

@ZooNamedGames - I'll start tagging you in random posts throughout the day. That way you can hear the ping... :D

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

I can leave my computer for four hours and have 23 notifications and one private message... makes me feel loved.

Same here. I can get a few dozen when I just put out a new chapter of Kerny. The most I've ever had at one time was when I didn't log on for nearly a week. I had 237 - and a few private messages asking me where I was and if everything was ok. Again, makes me feel loved!

@ZooNamedGames - I'll start tagging you in random posts throughout the day. That way you can hear the ping... :D

Well that's good enough for me!

25 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

And here I am just glad to see 1 or 2. Yeesh.

Most of the time I get just 1 or 2 as well.

But you have to bear in mind, I have over 90 chapters posted, so if someone is reading and liking, it's probably a good thing they get cut off at 25 likes per day.

But those don't happen that often, usually it's a new forum member finding the story for the first time.

Edited by Just Jim

4 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Most of the time I get just 1 or 2 as well.

But you have to bear in mind, I have over 90 chapters posted, so if someone is reading and liking, it's probably a good thing they get cut off at 25 likes per day.

But those don't happen that often, usually it's a new forum member finding the story for the first time.

Hm. Well I started a new story a few days back but found myself stumbling over how to handle dialogs.

7 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Hm. Well I started a new story a few days back but found myself stumbling over how to handle dialogs.

Not meaning to be mean at all, but there's a lot of information about this very thing on this thread:

There's a lot of good information there, and if you ask real nice, I am sure one of the regular contributors will give you some pointers. But the moderators may frown and send some warnings our way if we keep derailing their thread... :D

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

Not meaning to be mean at all, but there's a lot of information about this very thing on this thread:

There's a lot of good information there, and if you ask real nice, I am sure one of the regular contributors will give you some pointers. But the moderators may frown and send some warnings our way if we keep derailing their thread... :D

I was just thinking the same thing; I'll move this over there so they don't get a dozen notifications over a derailed topic.

I do have a legitimate question about the forum - IF I were to add those personal pings ( @ZooNamedGames ) into my signature, would that person get pinged each time I posted something? Not that I would do it, but if I ever wanted to annoy the crap out of another forum member.

REMEMBER I AM APPROACHING 50 AND SOMETIMES I DO GET THE URGES TO JUST PESTER THE HELL OUT OF CERTAIN FOLKS...

7 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I do have a legitimate question about the forum - IF I were to add those personal pings ( @ZooNamedGames ) into my signature, would that person get pinged each time I posted something? Not that I would do it, but if I ever wanted to annoy the crap out of another forum member.

REMEMBER I AM APPROACHING 50 AND SOMETIMES I DO GET THE URGES TO JUST PESTER THE HELL OUT OF CERTAIN FOLKS...

I don't know for sure, but I don't think it would, much like ZooNamedGames doesn't get pinged just because I quote a ping, is that right, Zoo? 

I recently bought a new processor.  At this time, I'm keeping my old one.  But should I decide to sell it, would it be allowed here?  I'd rather a fellow KSPer get a good deal on a good processor than some random person on eBay.  The actual sale would be done through eBay and/or Paypal to keep everyone protected.

Not gonna fight you if it's not, just curious.

11 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I recently bought a new processor.  At this time, I'm keeping my old one.  But should I decide to sell it, would it be allowed here?  I'd rather a fellow KSPer get a good deal on a good processor than some random person on eBay.  The actual sale would be done through eBay and/or Paypal to keep everyone protected.

Not gonna fight you if it's not, just curious.

If I'm reading 2.2i correctly... probably not.

Self promotional posts or that promote a 3rd party for profit, monetization other than optional donation (adf.ly etc) and advertising products or services without prior approval;

Just now, Jas0n said:

If I'm reading 2.2i correctly... probably not.

Well I wouldn't be selling a product for profit like a business or anything.

Self promotional posts or that promote a 3rd party for profit, monetization other than optional donation (adf.ly etc) and advertising products or services without prior approval;

There's also that.  Probably won't happen anyway, I was just seeing if it was an option.