Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

So I've set up the notifications so that every time I get a notification here on the forums, I get an email on my regular email address. Well, lately that's not been happening. Instead of an email, I get nothing. I still get notifications, but no email. Help?

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Ok, now I’m getting some weirdness. Haven’t gotten any forum update emails since this morning, despite new activity on several posts. Anyone else having the same issue?

You might need to check your settings again. It might be possible that some got switched the wrong way.

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Hmm. Are they going into the spam folder?

Nope. Just tried unfollowing, “notify me of replies” with a reply (which didn’t seem to do anything), then re-followed manually. Nothing yet. 

55 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

This is a new host, hence the teething troubles. :)

Where can I send a case of this?

Orajel-Nighttime-Instant-Relief-for-Teet

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

This is a new host, hence the teething troubles. :)

Well I was going to suggest some alternatives "otherwise" XD

But glad everything is sorted. :D

Edited by YNM

1 hour ago, ManeTI said:

Hi guys seems like the SMTP settings of the forums got busted somehow and emails were not being send, I have set the correct ones and it seems to be working again.

Aw, come on! :mad: We should be able to like staff posts even when otherwise out of likes for the day. :D

But yes, can confirm, email notifications do seem to be working properly again, thanx!

3 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Aw, come on! :mad: We should be able to like staff posts even when otherwise out of likes for the day. :D

But yes, can confirm, email notifications do seem to be working properly again, thanx!

Got ya covered buddy.

4 hours ago, ManeTI said:

Hi guys seems like the SMTP settings of the forums got busted somehow and emails were not being send, I have set the correct ones and it seems to be working again.

Thanks! You're doing a yeoman's job!

Sorry if it's inappropriate topic to ask, but for some reason i can't see the new DLC subforum if i'm not logged in. And if a follow a link a got Error code: 2F176/1. Is this intentional or a bug? I'm using windows 10 and Google Chrome. 

Edited by akandr
Add error code

1 hour ago, akandr said:

Sorry if it's inappropriate topic to ask, but for some reason i can't see the new DLC subforum if i'm not logged in. And if a follow a link a got Error code: 2F176/1. Is this intentional or a bug? I'm using windows 10 and Google Chrome. 

I'm seeing the same thing in FireFox, but I don't think it's going to anything with the browser, it's probably a permissions setting on the forumside.