Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

8 hours ago, akandr said:

Sorry if it's inappropriate topic to ask, but for some reason i can't see the new DLC subforum if i'm not logged in. And if a follow a link a got Error code: 2F176/1. Is this intentional or a bug? I'm using windows 10 and Google Chrome. 

Yep, you're not the first person to report that.

We'll look into it, thanks.

[EDIT]  ...All fixed now!  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Wait, there's an entire archive of every single post ever in this forum ? Or is it new ?

(and sorry if you have multiple stuff from me because I edit so often !)

Edited by YNM

Question for any interested mod:
 I'm considering making a humorous tutorial on the math of reaction engines based on using wolverines and honey badgers as propellant and "ferocity" as the accelerant. Would this raise any objections or violate any terms of service? Should I wave off?

Best,
-Slashy

4 hours ago, GoSlash27 said:

Question for any interested mod:
 I'm considering making a humorous tutorial on the math of reaction engines based on using wolverines and honey badgers as propellant and "ferocity" as the accelerant. Would this raise any objections or violate any terms of service? Should I wave off?

Best,
-Slashy

Follow the usual principles of our content rules and you should be okay. :) As I recall, the original honey badger joke video had a lot of profanity in it. Obviously, we would not want you to reproduce that style here. 

Do you guys have the ability to edit our signatures?  I believe I've buggered mine.

CubeUpload was out for like two days, so I changed the Title of my Dres Awareness badge from the gibberish filename to a message about my screenshots being dead. (So it would be displayed when the badge wasn't loaded.

CubeUpload is back up, and now the message and badge is gone, and there's literally nothing there for it when I go to edit.  But, sometimes I do see something flash when my signature is loaded in a post.

I'd like it purged so I can start over if possible.

On 18/03/2018 at 1:13 PM, Vanamonde said:

People are reporting some other link breakages. We've just learned of it and have no info yet. Sorry. :(

Any updates (or any other thread I should be following on this issue)?  I'm getting lots of grief from people complaining about broken links using the old-style links and I really don't want to have to go track down and fix everything if I don't have to.

8 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Do you guys have the ability to edit our signatures?  I believe I've buggered mine.

CubeUpload was out for like two days, so I changed the Title of my Dres Awareness badge from the gibberish filename to a message about my screenshots being dead. (So it would be displayed when the badge wasn't loaded.

CubeUpload is back up, and now the message and badge is gone, and there's literally nothing there for it when I go to edit.  But, sometimes I do see something flash when my signature is loaded in a post.

I'd like it purged so I can start over if possible.

I deleted the K Prize icon in your sig. That's all that I saw there. 

3 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Any updates (or any other thread I should be following on this issue)?  I'm getting lots of grief from people complaining about broken links using the old-style links and I really don't want to have to go track down and fix everything if I don't have to.

In the past, when links were broken there was no other response except to manually replace them. I believe that's still the case. ;.;

1 minute ago, Vanamonde said:

I deleted the K Prize icon in your sig. That's all that I saw there. 

Posting to see if the other one still flashes...

Doesn't appear to.  I'll check back if I see it again.  Thanks!

Edited by Geonovast

@Vanamonde it is still there, partially.

I went to go edit my signature, and the circled part flashes briefly, then goes away.  So it's still there, just something is somehow hiding it.  I was lucky to get a screenshot.

KSPFsigglitch.png

If it's a hassle I'll try to ignore it unless it actually causes problems.

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

@Vanamonde it is still there, partially.

I went to go edit my signature, and the circled part flashes briefly, then goes away.  So it's still there, just something is somehow hiding it.  I was lucky to get a screenshot.

KSPFsigglitch.png

If it's a hassle I'll try to ignore it unless it actually causes problems.

Well then, well have to summon @ManeTI, because I saw nothing else when I edited your profile. 

Hey this is a weird question, but where did the button for jumping back to the quoted post go? It used to be an arrow in the top right of any quoted post. Maybe not any but most. I found it quite nice/handy...

51 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Hey this is a weird question, but where did the button for jumping back to the quoted post go? It used to be an arrow in the top right of any quoted post. Maybe not any but most. I found it quite nice/handy...

Test. 

It's still there. Hover over upper right of quote box. 

15 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Test. 

It's still there. Hover over upper right of quote box. 

Hmm. Doesn't show up for me in my normal browser (Firefox). Switching over to chrome does make it show up. Wonder if its some form of add-on or something similar.

Edited by qzgy

3 hours ago, qzgy said:

Yup definitely the adblocker I am using. Kinda weird....

Which one are you using?  I'm using UBlock Origin with no custom filters, as well as a PiHole DNS server, and it shows up for me.

I used to use AdBlock Plus, until it turned into an advertisement machine and started randomly opening tabs with ads.

10 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Which one are you using?  I'm using UBlock Origin with no custom filters, as well as a PiHole DNS server, and it shows up for me.

I used to use AdBlock Plus, until it turned into an advertisement machine and started randomly opening tabs with ads.

I'm using AdNauseum which is based on UBlock origin. I may have added a couple filters but just white listing this site seems to fix it.

I also used to use AdBlock Plus, but then it kinda stopped working. Wonder why it stopped being an actual adblocker instead of an adopener....