Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

9 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Guys, it's really just settings that got borked in the latest update. They'll be fixed, SoonTM. Send me a PM with any you notice, so we can make a list.

And then they are going to check it twice. Gonna find out who's been naughty or nice... :blink:

9 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Guys, it's really just settings that got borked in the latest update. They'll be fixed, SoonTM. Send me a PM with any you notice, so we can make a list.

It's not a big deal if they stay or not... I was just having some fun with it is all.  :wink:

5 hours ago, LordFerret said:

I don't know, but people are breaking out in hives all over the forums.

Hives? 

Also, apparently I can't hear the forum notification sound anymore when I get a notification. Is this also just me?

4 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Hives? 

Also, apparently I can't hear the forum notification sound anymore when I get a notification. Is this also just me?

No, same here, no noise.

Hives - https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/hives-urticaria-angioedema#1

Edited by LordFerret
better link

1 minute ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

@LordFerret, how are hives related to the people on the forum?

Call it a play on words. Instead of 'liking' posts, now people are 'reacting' to them. In my life's experience, when people have a 'reaction' to something, it's along the lines of hives. Then again, reacting could be vomiting all over the place... or finding ones self short of breath... or Tachycardia... etc. Take your pick.

Anyway. My take is that many have been thrown off by the change in terminology. Myself, in a quick breeze of the drop-down notifications text, it's easy to miss the fact that someone has 'replied' as opposed to 'reacted'.

It's settings. They might change/fix it. They might not. I don't think it's up for a vote.

3 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Call it a play on words. Instead of 'liking' posts, now people are 'reacting' to them. In my life's experience, when people have a 'reaction' to something, it's along the lines of hives. Then again, reacting could be vomiting all over the place... or finding ones self short of breath... or Tachycardia... etc. Take your pick.

Jokes not as funny when you have to explain it......

Hello !

I just wanted to tell that I was unable to post stuff (*again*) in this forum. Started about 00.00 UTC+7 (1.00 PM UTC-4/EDT), at least on my device it lasted until I cleaned the whole data (just a few moments ago).

I know they mostly have something to do with urgent changes, but if such actions are necessary, wouldn't it be better for the whole forum to be closed for a while ? The caching makes it persistent.

Thank you !

29 minutes ago, Ho Lam Kerman said:

How much of my posts need to be approved by mods before everything I post can just stay there?

When you've had 5 posts approved (not counting posts in The Lounge).

I noticed today that one of the blue @user thingies from one of the translators of the FUR mod is a dead link.

Does this mean that the user deleted his account in this forum? Or is it also possible that the user has been renamed and the forum software does not update the @user thingies? In a chat from January the user is now simply named "Guest"

While at it, how are the @user thingies officially called?

It looks like there is a problem with some settings?  I can't even get to settings it's greyed out.  I was hoping there is a setting so I can set the default sort to time not likes (I get very confused reading things out of sequence :) ).  Is this just me or what?  Using internet explorer which I prefer but I could use a different browser if this is a know IE problem.

@Vanamonde no not really. The question was about a chat/pm's with a user. The messages are not older than 3 months. Still the other user in the chat is now named 'Guest'. This was a bit irritating because the chat showed me as the only participant.

The blue tag that mentions a user (like the blue one that mentioned you in this post) is also a dead link for said user. 

I wanted to know if this means that the user deleted the account or if this can be a side effect of e.g. a renaming of the user.

11 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@Vanamonde no not really. The question was about a chat/pm's with a user. The messages are not older than 3 months. Still the other user in the chat is now named 'Guest'. This was a bit irritating because the chat showed me as the only participant.

The blue tag that mentions a user (like the blue one that mentioned you in this post) is also a dead link for said user. 

I wanted to know if this means that the user deleted the account or if this can be a side effect of e.g. a renaming of the user.

Renaming, no. I don't know what might cause this aside from the age of the post thing. 

On 5/5/2018 at 9:16 AM, Nils277 said:

If you Report the PM with your question, a moderator can look at it and maybe get an explanation.

@Val Thanks, will do! :) 

Edit: I think i just saw the reason. Looking again at said chat and looking at the top where the persons in the conversation are listed shows me "Deleted Member" now. So it seems that this account has just been deleted.

Edited by Nils277