Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

32 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Just a quick question: is it possible to change the border color of a table?

Sort of. You need to write the html (or generate it) and then paste it into the editor with the inspector. But the bordercolor attribute seems slightly broken, but you might be able to get it to work with some fiddling.

29 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Sort of. You need to write the html (or generate it) and then paste it into the editor with the inspector. But the bordercolor attribute seems slightly broken, but you might be able to get it to work with some fiddling.

Well, thats an unexpected solution but it works, thanks ;)

Actually I just want to have no border at all and thought I have to hide it by changing the color to white but removing the border with the inspector is way easier^^

7 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Well, thats an unexpected solution but it works, thanks ;)

Actually I just want to have no border at all and thought I have to hide it by changing the color to white but removing the border with the inspector is way easier^^

It is unexpected, I think @NecroBones figured that one out right after the forum was updated to the new software.

Edit: never mind, I spoilered my booboo. I noticed the post right before mine in this thread has a '<person> reacted to this' in the bottom right corner and only then realized this must be some new phrasing for the 'like' thing of this forum.

Reminder to self: I really need to stop participating in a forum after 3am. Suggestion to mods: perhaps 'react' is not the best choice of words for this feature... it can be confusing.

Spoiler

I've seen a notification a few times now saying something akin to '<suchandso> reacted to a post in <threadname>' that I don't understand.

When I manage to click on it, it seems to redirect to one of my own posts in a thread, and I don't see any new reactions. It even says at the bottom right '<suchandso> reacted to this', but there's nothing new in the thread, not even after refreshing or logging back in. I also checked the private messages but nothing new there either.

So, where do I find these reactions? Is there some specific section I should be looking in? I think I've looked everywhere now but it has me stumped.

Edited by swjr-swis
mystery solved

13 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

I 've seen a notification a few times now saying something akin to '<suchandso> reacted to a post in <threadname>' that I don't understand.

When I manage to click on it, it seems to redirect to one of my own posts in a thread, and I don't see any new reactions. It even says at the bottom right '<suchandso> reacted to this', but there's nothing new in the thread, not even after refreshing or logging back in. I also checked the private messages but nothing new there either.

So, where do I find these reactions? Is there some specific section I should be looking in? I think I've looked everywhere now but it has me stumped.

Right now, the only reactions we can do for any post is a "like." The forum software offers four or five more, but our team keeps it simple (as it should be).

The "reaction" is someone liking your post. And if you click the heart icon, it will show you who has liked that particular post.

49 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Right now, the only reactions we can do for any post is a "like." The forum software offers four or five more, but our team keeps it simple (as it should be).

I've been away for a while, something was changed in the interim because I seem to remember it simply said '<someone> liked your post', which was pretty clear as a notification I didn't need to do anything with. The new wording (combined with insomniac forum browsing) had me expecting and searching for actual messages, and i didn't recognize it for what it was. I'm all up to date now.

54 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

And if you click the heart icon, it will show you who has liked that particular post.

I'm only seeing a thumbs up icon - maybe that's a customizable thing? It's fine either way though - I'm now (again?) aware of what the notification means and I stopped looking for imaginary messages. :blush:

8 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

I've been away for a while, something was changed in the interim because I seem to remember it simply said '<someone> liked your post', which was pretty clear as a notification I didn't need to do anything with. The new wording (combined with insomniac forum browsing) had me expecting and searching for actual messages, and i didn't recognize it for what it was. I'm all up to date now.

I'm only seeing a thumbs up icon - maybe that's a customizable thing? It's fine either way though - I'm now (again?) aware of what the notification means and I stopped looking for imaginary messages. :blush:

My mistake, it is a thumbs up icon on this forum. But everything else I said is the same.