Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

What are these odd posts that are flooding the forum? It’s rather annoying.

https://imgur.com/a/63l5kyR

translated: https://imgur.com/a/VrhYtes

as I posted this, other posts like it have gone up.

looks like a hack of some sorts.

Probably one of those spam bots the mods are always fighting. :huh:

There was a gateway error earlier today, too. Might be related. 

2 hours ago, Dman979 said:

@Galileo, please report all the posts you see like that.

I just saw this, but I think I was an hour or so late to the spam party. If I see any more, I’ll report them.

Edited by Galileo

Something weird occasionally happens on the forum. I'll go to a thread and post in it, before looking back at some previous page of the thread. Then I'll get a notification at the bottom of the screen saying something like '90+ new replies. Go to first new post.' If I click that then it just takes me back to the post I just made.

Is this a known issue? Does anybody else get this?

2 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Hmm? 

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Check that you didn’t accidentally zoom in with your browser. :) 

The default text size setting. I seem to remember that it used to be 14 but now the 14 size text looks a tad smaller than the default (used earlier) while 16 looks ok.

So I'm pretty sure it's not a zoom issue @CatastrophicFailure.

It could of course just me having a brain fart though...... 

22 minutes ago, qzgy said:

The default text size setting. I seem to remember that it used to be 14 but now the 14 size text looks a tad smaller than the default (used earlier) while 16 looks ok.

So I'm pretty sure it's not a zoom issue @CatastrophicFailure.

It could of course just me having a brain fart though...... 

My guide to the forums listed 14 point text as looking right, and I haven't updated that in quite a while.

1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

My guide to the forums listed 14 point text as looking right, and I haven't updated that in quite a while.

Ok. That does still seem to be the case...

I also noticed your test post where the 14 pt font looked fine. Testing it myself it seems nothing has changed either.

Looking at it again I wonder if the mobile editor for some reason has the font size bumped up slightly for the default? Maybe? I could just be going crazy though....

Edited by qzgy

Yeah guess it is.

i swear though.... something is either funky with that mobile editor or my eyes deceive me. And I trust my eyes pretty well.....

On 6/29/2018 at 5:06 AM, DAL59 said:

In the Kerbal Edu subforum, there is a stickied post called forum rules.  

[snip]

On 6/29/2018 at 5:46 AM, Vanamonde said:

No there isn't. 

Not anymore, anyway. 

Is there a new list of forum rules anywhere? 

35 minutes ago, Stixingman said:

How do i delete a comment?

You can't delete a post. You can edit the contents or click the Report button and ask to have it (re)moved by a moderator.

I have a question regarding 'necro's.

Skip to below to see the actual question.

Spoiler

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/137830-121-mouse-aim-flight-111-pilot-airplanes-with-your-mouse/&page=9

I was searching for a Mouse Aim Flight thread for the recent 1.4.x KSP, and found out that the above thread was marked as being "too old".
Well, March 16 might seem old, but it might be not too old, and since there are no newer maintainence thread, ...

When does a thread turn into a 'dead' thread?
And even if it says 'create a new thread instead', if it doesn't seem appropriate(especially the case of asking if there are plans for revival/curious about current status for mods or fan-work series, what would be the best thing for me to do (other than having patience...well, I'm not that patient I guess.)?

34 minutes ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

I have a question regarding 'necro's.

Skip to below to see the actual question.

Hide contents

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/137830-121-mouse-aim-flight-111-pilot-airplanes-with-your-mouse/&page=9

I was searching for a Mouse Aim Flight thread for the recent 1.4.x KSP, and found out that the above thread was marked as being "too old".
Well, March 16 might seem old, but it might be not too old, and since there are no newer maintainence thread, ...

When does a thread turn into a 'dead' thread?
And even if it says 'create a new thread instead', if it doesn't seem appropriate(especially the case of asking if there are plans for revival/curious about current status for mods or fan-work series, what would be the best thing for me to do (other than having patience...well, I'm not that patient I guess.)?

It is usually not considered a necro if the topic or question is still relevant to the current version of the game or if what you post has current and meaningful contribution to a discussion, no matter how old the thread is.

So it's fine to ask a question in the thread you linked.

Because the thread started a very long time ago, that message is automatically shown to remind people to check that what they're responding to is still relevant.

You'd be surprised how often it happens that friendly and helpful people accidentally answers some question posted in 2012, because they forgot to check the date.