Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

15 hours ago, Deddly said:

The most amazing thing about Sal_vager's post count: click on his profile and look at his post history. Every one of his posts was detailed, helpful and meaningful. What a guy. Miss him so much :(

BTW, after almost a year @Red Iron Crown is back! :)

I read somewhere that Moderators have to read every link posted to make sure it's not something like spam. So do you get a special notification (Or something similar) whenever someone posts a topic/reply with a link in it?

And has there been any bad instances with links? Not language in a video. I know about those, but like scam links and whatnot. Or can you sometimes tell it's bad to click on based on the URL? I was just curious after I thought of the initial question :)

We don't check every single link because we can't, and most of the spam links are in the first few posts of a new account anyway, which is why those need approval. Links posted after an account is out of the queue are almost never problematic. 

13 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

If you get banned is there an appeal process?

Normally, yes. Even spammers can appeal. The ban message would usually include an email address to write to if there are any questions, or the banned person can contact Squad through the support page of the main web site.

2 hours ago, Deddly said:

Bots get smarter every day and we probably get dumber every day ;)

Speaking of which, would it be okay if I made a thread in the Lounge about artificial intelligence where people can discuss the implications and make predictions for its potential, as well as share their opinion of such effects?

1 minute ago, Earthlinger said:

Speaking of which, would it be okay if I made a thread in the Lounge about artificial intelligence where people can discuss the implications and make predictions for its potential, as well as share their opinion of such effects?

As long as it doesn't get political or break any of the other forum rules, I can't see a problem with that, Earthlinger :)

2 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

And no, we cannot see PMs unless one of the involved parties reports a post, in which case we can all see the entire PM exchange. 

Ok. Also, are you all superior beings who can travel through time and space? 

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Ok. Also, are you all superior beings who can travel through time and space? 

10 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Everything travels through space and time. 

This thread gets so many great questions and answers it's practically amusement lol