Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

On 10/16/2018 at 3:03 PM, PhaserArray said:

It has been a while since I've tweaked my user profile, and since then the forum software has been updated or changed (it looks more modern now anyways). I still have an outdated Twitter handle on my profile under contact methods, is there a way to change or remove it? I looked under account settings and edit profile, but couldn't find it.

Should be possible to edit it now.

12 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I've just noticed something: I can follow some users, but I can't follow others. Like the Follow Member thing is there for most users, but it's not there for others. Why is this?

I think it is possible for individual users to decide whether they want to be followable in profile settings.

15 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I've just noticed something: I can follow some users, but I can't follow others. Like the Follow Member thing is there for most users, but it's not there for others. Why is this?

As Cubinator says, people can opt to be unfollowable. 

On 10/19/2018 at 11:53 PM, HansonKerman said:

If a thread you posted in is moved to Lounge, is post count automatically deducted?

No, it's not deducted automatically.

(Intentionally vague answer :sticktongue:)

On 10/19/2018 at 4:53 PM, HansonKerman said:

If a thread you posted in is moved to Lounge, is post count automatically deducted?

I don't know for certain, but the way I imagine it working:

In their database, each of our accounts has value in a "# of posts" column.  When you post, that number is increased by 1.  Unless you post in The Lounge, then it's not increased at all.  When a post is hidden (AFAIK they're never removed, if a mod removes your post, it's simply hidden) or moved to The Lounge, the system isn't going to bother scanning the users of the content to adjust their post count.  So if you have a thread that starts in The Lounge and is moved elsewhere, your count wouldn't increase.

Likely the same process for rep.

Some posts have been removed. Please remember that profanity is not allowed on these forums. Also, this is not the place to discuss moderator actions. If you'd like to do that, please send the moderator you have a dispute with a PM.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:09 PM, cubinator said:

To avoid spamming.

Cue @Snark with a page-long essay elaborating on my three word explanation. (just kidding, you don't have to.)

You, my friend, get the award for blowing up the thread! This is great... and yes, I consider @Snark a friend and fellow long-winded spirit. :)

38 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Have user profile images stopped rendering on the forum view for anyone else? I'm not sure if my browser is having a Monday or if it's an actual problem.

I see happen consistently for one particular user.

19 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

You Moderators are the real MVP's (Moderator damnit I can't think of a word with V!  Power)

1 hour ago, Snark said:

Vigilant?  Vicious?  Vindictive?  Vengeful?  Veto?

Vanamonde.