Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

59 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Would it be possible to add some more subcategories to the navigationbar when using the website on a mobile? Right now, you have to use a lot of bookmarks or always go back to the frontpage if you want to navigate through different sub-forums which can be pretty annyoning on it's own but even more if you got a weak connection or if you have to keep an eye on your data usage.

I thought about something like this:

I think that's just how the forum software works-- note that Squad doesn't write that software.  I think the software auto-switches to a different format based on screen size, and is just showing the mobile-friendly-formatted version of the "Activity" tab that shows up on the main page.

Even if it's possible for Squad to change what's configured to show up, I might be a little leery of trying to add too much there-- mobile devices are little, and they're not all the same size, and I'd be a little concerned about the potential to cause inconvenience to folks who might have smaller phones if we add more stuff there.  A "don't fix it if it ain't broke" thing.

Admittedly I'm not an expert in the forum software or the configuration thereof, but that's my impression of the situation.

@TriggeredSnake yeah, you know, we pretend to be nice but we're really just a bunch of people specially selected to be evil overlords who are full of hate for people we never met ;)

In all seriousness, though, no moderator action or removal of such can be done without trace, so it would be easy enough to find out. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out privately to any of the moderators. As you know, the forum rules ask us not to discuss things like that publicly, so a PM would be the appropriate way to handle it. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, you can send a PM to UomoCapra and he will look into it. 

It is (as far as I am aware) 25. You can check this by not repping anything for a full 24 hours, then going through my post history one-by-one and adding reputation to each post I've made. Be sure to count them.

I'm making a sacrifice, to be sure, but it's all for the good of the forum.

If I remove reactions from previous days, can I add back to my total count? 

No, it doesn't carry over. 

Will liking and unliking something 25 times use up all the reactions for the day? 

You try it and tell us. (How bored are you?) Keep in mind that the other person will receive 25 notifications that you liked his/her post. 

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

we ARE bored.

Ad also, what are the job requirements of being a moderator?

1) Minimum age 18 years old, for legal reasons (tropical years, not siderial). 

2) Have a good understanding of the English language. A second language is valuable but not required. 

3) The person is expected to have been contributing for a long time in a positive way to the community and shown a willingness to adapt to and abide by the rules. Post count and rep points don't count, but a hard-earned good reputation and the respect of others is vital. 

3) Must know how to count. 

4) The prospective moderator must be friendly and have a desire to help others. 

5) Must definitely not have any craving for position or power. 

6) Must be willing to do thankless tasks in their free time that very few people, if any, will ever notice, and to occasionally be on the receiving end of unkind, abusive messages whilst being able to keep objectivity and without responding in the same manner. 

In other words, the right person for the assignment is someone who wants no recognition for himself but likes the community so much that he feels a desire to help care for it and serve it. 

5 minutes ago, Deddly said:

3) The person is expected to have been contributing for a long time in a positive way to the community and shown a willingness to adapt to and abide by the rules. Post count and rep points don't count, but a hard-earned good reputation and the respect of others is vital. 

3) Must know how to count.

Going for the cheap joke.