Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

On 1/19/2019 at 1:58 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

How many notifications in total, on average? Are we talking scientific notation, here?

Being the new guy on the team, I'm still adjusting how I get notifications.   I had 70 some today alone.  It took me about 4 hours to go through the forums to read and respond to all the threads I wanted to as a player. 

I just got a notification about a reaction on one of my posts but after clicking on the bell, it was gone o_O So, does a notification disappear if someone removes the reaction?
I've seen the name of the forum user in the little window which pops up in the lower left window of my screen but no chance to find out which post got the reaction since it is in a thread where I have several posts but all of them are already a few days/weeks old...

9 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I just got a notification about a reaction on one of my posts but after clicking on the bell, it was gone o_O So, does a notification disappear if someone removes the reaction?
I've seen the name of the forum user in the little window which pops up in the lower left window of my screen but no chance to find out which post got the reaction since it is in a thread where I have several posts but all of them are already a few days/weeks old...

Check your notification now. Do you see a "like" on this post?

1 minute ago, Vanamonde said:

Liking then unliking a post can result in a notification being sent. 

Automerging is set to 10 minutes. 

Thank you! 

1 minute ago, Vanamonde said:

set

Makes it sound like it can be changed. Can it?

38 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Nope, just one for the quote.

I assume you liked/unliked it? ;)

Thanks for testing though :)

Yes. I suspect that if something happens in between, for instance if I liked the post, then quoted it, then unliked it, then the notification would not disappear.

2 hours ago, Delay said:

Some images, including my own in both the actual post and in the editing boxTM, simply don't showw while some others do.

Am I the only one with this right now?

What is the hosting service and technical stuff like that? 

3 hours ago, Delay said:

Some images, including my own in both the actual post and in the editing boxTM, simply don't showw while some others do.

Am I the only one with this right now?

ctrl-shift-f5 or ctrl-shift-r on most browsers will force a reload of everything. I expect your cache is wonky.

Edited by 5thHorseman

So I just noticed a lot of moderators on /r/Kerbal_Space_Program/ /r/KerbalSpaceProgram...

Er, I was just going to ask how much you guys interacted with the reddit mods, but then I literally just discovered there's two KSP forums, not including r/krpc, /r/KSP_Missions, and /r/ksptrickshots...

So do you guys mix with reddit at all? Or is it just the Wild West over there and you try not to look at the carnage?

6 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I’ve seen a couple of mods in the Addon Releases section with red tags before their names saying something like ‘parts’. What’s up with those? Are they the remnants of an attempt to categorise mods?

Sal_vager knew the alchemical secret of making colorful tags, but alas, he did not pass on his secrets before departing the forum. I suspect you're seeing a relic of olden times. 

14 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Sal_vager knew the alchemical secret of making colorful tags, but alas, he did not pass on his secrets before departing the forum. I suspect you're seeing a relic of olden times. 

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...

15 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

When did @adsii1970 become a mod?? :blink:

I always thought he was perpetually under the ban hammer...

You know, it was back in January...

No, not perpetually under the ban hammer - just under the warning hammer. I often joke they made me a moderator as a means to FORCE me to behave better... :D