Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

5 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

How can I add a proper quote while editing a post? If I use the quote button or mark some text to quote the section, it will always be added to the 'new post' editor, not in the 'edit post' editor. If  just add an empty quote and copy&paste the text there, the autor of the original message will not be pinged and the quote also doesn't provide a link to the post so I would like to use the other options. Any ideas?

Just use the usual quote button, then when it shows up in the "new post" editor, cut the quote box and then paste it into the post you're editing. Works great. :)

16 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

What are your favourite mods, if you use them?

My own, natch. ;) Also ModuleManager, NavBall Docking Alignment Indicator, Kopernicus.

16 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

For me, it would be MechJeb. I mostly use it for the information it provide and perform some burns when I'm feeling lazy(or just because raising the apoapsis to 300km from a 200km circular orbit can get tiring when performed for the eighth time while setting up a communication network ;) )

It's basically the only mod I used in every version of KSP since I first downloaded it to go to the mun.

7 hours ago, Snark said:

Just use the usual quote button, then when it shows up in the "new post" editor, cut the quote box and then paste it into the post you're editing. Works great. :)

Had this idea as well, but it just doesn't work for me. When I try this, I'll just copy/cut the text from the quote, not the whole box, even though the box is selected as well. Anyway, I assume you have tried it before answering the question so I've done a test on my laptop instead and suddenly, it works. Still not on the desktop pc but now I know that it is a local issue. Have to figure out what's going on there....

38 minutes ago, lunardog15 said:

have any of you mods ever found some thing weird that then ended up being a big problem (as in a bug in the forms)

Hmmm... the only thing I can think of that matches that description was VBulletin 3 ;)

On 2/23/2019 at 3:14 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

Nereid Final Frontier, Trajectories, KER, Warp Everywhere, Plod System (1.6), Kopernicus, Module Manager, OPM (formerly, loading time took nearly a hour). SciFiVE "soon"...

What would happen if the forum got hacked? (just ignore the question of 'Why would someone even want to hack a forum about a space sandbox game?') Is there like a backup site or something?

*Scrolls up* *Sees Nyan Cat* 

Edited by The_Cat_In_Space

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

What would happen if the forum got hacked? (just ignore the question of 'Why would someone even want to hack a forum about a space sandbox game?') Is there like a backup site or something?

*Scrolls up* *Sees Nyan Cat* 

Yes. it's backed up periodically. I don't know the specifics. 

2 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Do moderators still have to do team building exercises as mentioned on the Moderation Nation space program/mission report? If so what kind of things do you do?

Have to? No. 

Do we voluntarily? No.