Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

18 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

What options do mods have? (e.g on a comment) Is there any difference in the interface?

We do have more options for our interface, or else all we could do is yell and hope you guys listen :).  We can see threads/posts that get reported (so if you have an issue with a thread, use the report button instead of trying to handle stuff yourself), and we have options for managing threads, like moving or merging them. 

7 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Anyone have any questions about the forum? 

A forum is a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. In this case, the forum in question is about the Kerbal Space Program. The forum provides help for a varity of game play issues, mod questions, and a place to get to know other KSP players.

Kerbal Space Program is a space flight simulation video game developed and published by Squad for Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. In the game, players direct a nascent space program, staffed and crewed by green humanoid aliens known as "Kerbals". The game features a realistic orbital physics engine, allowing for various real-life orbital maneuvers such as Hohmann transfer orbits and bi-elliptic transfer orbits.

There, @Dman979, I've answered your question about the forum. :)

On 6/5/2015 at 12:49 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

Er, maybe that came off a bit harsh. It would be my personal preference that people don't use animated gifs for avatars or sigs, but it's hardly a forum rule.

So doing a little digging through this thread..... and this made be blink...

Looks at Post.... Looks at RIC's avatar.... Looks at post.... Shrugs....

2 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Why do quotes no longer have the little arrow that linked to the post that was quoted?

it's actually still there :o You may need to hover the cursor above the right upper corner of the quote box to highlight it (probably you need to deactivate the cosmetic filter of UBlock Origin if you use it)

33 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

it's actually still there :o You may need to hover the cursor above the right upper corner of the quote box to highlight it (probably you need to deactivate the cosmetic filter of UBlock Origin if you use it)

Didn't think to check uBlock origin, whoops. Thanks.

8 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

There's also a stealthy way to do it

Like this.

Okay it's not so stealthy but hey it's a way to do it.

6 hours ago, Delay said:

Logging into the forums results in a "Sorry, you don't have permission" for me. Any ideas?
I'm logged in now (duh), but as soon as I click on "Forums" it logs me out again.

Hmm. No apparent problems at this end. Is this happening on any other sites? 

3 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Hmm. No apparent problems at this end. Is this happening on any other sites? 

Seems to have fixed itself. At least I'm no longer getting logged out.
I did accidentally stop the site from loading before it first happened, so I might have "confused" the server.

What is the maximum page size a thread can have?  The what did you do in ksp today thread is nearing 2k pages, will it have to be closed at some point? 

12 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

If the T2 EULA changes, will it affect the forums too? Like will we have to accept new terms before we can access the forums (like what happened last time)?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.   Either we will or we won't. 

2 hours ago, DAL59 said:

What is the maximum page size a thread can have?  The what did you do in ksp today thread is nearing 2k pages, will it have to be closed at some point? 

Dunno.   I'd guess it's based on the size of the variable type that is holding the number of pages, and unless the forum engine devs did something really obviously stupid, it should be able to go at least a few million pages.   But that's a total guess on my part.