Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

2 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

So people can't post nasty stuff and then try to hide it. 

How about post editions?

My terrible grammars mistakes are eternized in diff entries on the forum database for the Moderation amusement for eternity?  

2 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

We can see all the versions of a post which were submitted. 

Nothing gets by these guys. :wink:

Literally nothing. They don’t actually delete anything, offending posts are moved, not removed, and compiled in an archive under electronic lock and key. 

So, in effect the mods have their own Forbidden Library. :sealed:

This amuses me to no end. 

Whether it involves arcane chanting and rattling chains, they remain irkingly tight lipped. :P

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

My terrible grammars mistakes are eternized in diff entries on the forum database for the Moderation amusement for eternity?  

:rolleyes: don't worry you'r not alone  :confused::D you may be a little from autistic fiber spectrum @ %% according to gauss normal law pop repart ; ) as well , ) 

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
math addendum

((

and on a side note chit chat talk this what's interesting metaphorically about lite autism, deep autism, event horizon and black hole:

how deep and far can you go and make your way back without being impacted by that much energy surrounding you that you can feel so intensively, as autist commonly refer to emotional flood and all <=> event horizon and black hole refer to some wavelenghts distorsion at each others

well that's a "split/parse" and higlight process somehow

middle of deep autism is like middle of a black hole too much data bit of matteer in a single point to process, => brain could stuck
due too too much data at the same time in the same place and pee poo on polar location centrifugation @timescale+universcale then acretion disk

))

ever met someone who visited a black hole and came back sanely being the same as before it's travel, i didn't , )

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
while one of those two question might be answered during my lifespan , for the other one *shrug* just *shrug**

What's you favorite moment in the sites history 

This one. 

How come there are SQUAD staff, Moderators, Moderator Emeritus, and Global Moderators, but no Admin role? 

Several people share admin powers. Senior moderators and most Squad staff. 

(( another little though for food metaphorical with black hole ))

the bigger is your own ROM and memories concentrated in a single many location, it just result in everything that approach you from distance just gonna be automatically and by design distorded and parsed/"highlighted" at first when just crossing the event horizon, and before even reaching the deep of said data ponctual concentration in the center and then get slowly digested assimilated by and within it, some how attempting an approach just make it spread, kinda contagious isn't it ? 

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

There's something weird going on in the last page of the FMRS thread.  I have  a bunch of empty space on the bottom of the page, and on the right.  It gives me a horizontal scroll bar.

I'm not seeing this anywhere else on the forum, not even other pages of that thread, as if there's a post on that page of that thread that's causing havock.

Checked in FF and Chrome, signed in and out.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:21 AM, The Wandering Cosmonaut said:

What's you favorite moment in the sites history

How perfect and pristine it was on September 28, 2014. And then I joined, and it went downhill from there.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:57 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Literally nothing. They don’t actually delete anything, offending posts are moved, not removed, and compiled in an archive under electronic lock and key. 

So, in effect the mods have their own Forbidden Library. :sealed:

I can neither confirm nor deny the alleged existence of a supposed "forbidden library." Please direct any and all requests for comment to the Press Department: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/666-the-press-department/&php

On 6/11/2019 at 1:57 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Whether it involves arcane chanting and rattling chains, they remain irkingly tight lipped. :P

We've lost many a good Moderator to The Ritual.

8 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I'm not seeing this anywhere else on the forum, not even other pages of that thread, as if there's a post on that page of that thread that's causing havock.

Yep, same here. I came over by to report the same weird thing^^

Edited by 4x4cheesecake
sometimes I should check my vocabulary befor submitting a post :D

34 minutes ago, Nightside said:

“Next Unread Thread” button doesn’t show thread title on mobile now?

Doesn't show on Desktop either.....

Was coming here to ask about that too....

I've been getting this "The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete." message on my activity stream for around 8 hours today. What is it about? Also a bunch of my notifications have been marked unread and they don't become read (you know, a bit greyed out) even if I revisit them.

I am thinking of making a "magazine" thread where i report of new inventions, players opinions on changes and features, along with results of various competitions. would this be allowed under forum rules?  Would creating a thread where I ask the forums  opinions on subjects relating to ksp and it's expansions be allowed?

Edited by lapis

Before this week's IPS update (at least I hope you guys updated because the mobile forum now has a bunch of new features), forum notifications would stay "bolded" or shown as unread when first expanding the notifications pane. This no longer happens, and all notifications are automatically "unbold" or shown as read. 

Is this intentional? Or a bug? Or a new setting I'm missing?

4 hours ago, lapis said:

I am thinking of making a "magazine" thread where i report of new inventions, players opinions on changes and features, along with results of various competitions. would this be allowed under forum rules?

Yes, this would be allowed. We'd probably put it into Kerbal Network, since it would be about the forum.

4 hours ago, lapis said:

Would creating a thread where I ask the forums  opinions on subjects relating to ksp and it's expansions be allowed?

Yes, this would be allowed, but there's probably already a thread about some of the things you want to talk about. We might end up merging threads, depending on how things work out. :)