Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

One: Roleplaying used to be allowed, but led to fights and feuds and arguments spilling over into other subforums, to the point that they ended up having to issue multiple warns and even ban a couple of people. 

Two: Sorry, no. :(

I started to notice there's a "Theme" option on the bottom of the Forum, and so far there's only "Default" and "Copy of Default".

Are these planned to be developed ? A slightly darker theme would be welcome. I think some users have made plug-ins to change the appearance, but a native method to change the theme might be better.

It's right to assume that when people try to upload a too much big of a file (as the KSP.log) into a post, that thread stops being indexed on 'My Activities" (and perhaps the front page)? I also think that the offending post is not shown on the thread, but I'm unsure.

15 hours ago, Lisias said:

It's right to assume that when people try to upload a too much big of a file (as the KSP.log) into a post, that thread stops being indexed on 'My Activities" (and perhaps the front page)? I also think that the offending post is not shown on the thread, but I'm unsure.

I haven't seen what you're describing. 

Threadception?

Screenshotat20190820.png

1 hour ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Was the like limit reduced?I literary was going to give the 4th like today and the Pop up appeard :/ 

It's not "25 per day" as it is "25 in a 24 hour period."

I believe it works more along the lines of that you have 25 likes to give.  When you use one, it's disabled for 24 hours.  So if you shotgun all your likes at 5:00 pm, you won't get reset the next day, you'll get reset the next day at 5:00 pm.  I think.  Pretty sure I've seen it explained that way.

2 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Threadception?

Screenshotat20190820.png

It's not "25 per day" as it is "25 in a 24 hour period."

I believe it works more along the lines of that you have 25 likes to give.  When you use one, it's disabled for 24 hours.  So if you shotgun all your likes at 5:00 pm, you won't get reset the next day, you'll get reset the next day at 5:00 pm.  I think.  Pretty sure I've seen it explained that way.

That makes sense but it's not the solution to my problem..

Basecly yesterday i reached the like limit,then today i was only able of giving 3 likes.With what you said i should have been able of giving a single one...

Guess i'l wait till tomorrow to see if there was a bug before letting me like

Just now, KerbolExplorer said:

That makes sense but it's not the solution to my problem..

Basecly yesterday i reached the like limit,then today i was only able of giving 3 likes.With what you said i should have been able of giving a single one...

Guess i'l wait till tomorrow to see if there was a bug before letting me like

It just means that only 3 of your likes unlocked after you hit the limit yesterday.  How many hours passed between the two times you hit your limit?

2 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

@Lo Var Lachland, I just tried a test and saw no problems. 

Reveal hidden contents

Another test. 

Would you mind checking out my thread and seeing if you get the problem there? I'll get a screenshot of my issue.

lXShTqp.png

Spoiler open. After about 2x this whitespace, the spoiler shows the proper content, but now it's a spoiler inside a spoiler.
38mXPr5.png

2 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Would you mind checking out my thread and seeing if you get the problem there? I'll get a screenshot of my issue.

I did see it in your post, but it seems to be something about the way it's being composed or submitted since my own tests did not have that problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

Doh... :blush:

The very post I  was referring to is now the top most post, marked as answer, falling out of the chronological order by this. I didn't know about this feature, silly me.

Got me here, sorry for bothering you, that's embarrassing...