Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

13 hours ago, cyberKerb said:

Was this patch ever a real one that Squad gave out at some point? I thought I remember it on a video blog or two.

Do they still unofficially award them to exceptional work / people on social media? Or are they long gone?

Czk0RKcXgAATPnY.jpg

I don't remember seeing that one but it's possible that it's real since they gave a similar set to us moderators for Christmas a while back. :)

C9rHn9r.png

Edited by Vanamonde

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

I didn't get one. You're fired.

No, no, no! He’s the Lead Moderator, you can’t just fire him! Well, you can’t just fire him, you have to relieve him of command under the articles of the UCMJ* and remand him to custody pending a courts-martial. 

And be sure you take his ban-hammer key nuclear option after all...

*Uniform Code of Moderator Justice

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

No, no, no! He’s the Lead Moderator, you can’t just fire him! Well, you can’t just fire him, you have to relieve him of command under the articles of the UCMJ* and remand him to custody pending a courts-martial. 

And be sure you take his ban-hammer key nuclear option after all...

*Uniform Code of Moderator Justice

I'm Deeman Kerman, Esq. I'm sure you saw what happened at the last trial I was involved in. :D

On 9/9/2019 at 2:40 AM, cyberKerb said:

Was this patch ever a real one that Squad gave out at some point? I thought I remember it on a video blog or two.

Do they still unofficially award them to exceptional work / people on social media? Or are they long gone?

Czk0RKcXgAATPnY.jpg

Yes it is a real patch, I got one a couple years ago after completing a rare official forum challenge of sorts. I also got a Jeb plushie.

Edited by cubinator

Hi

I found this idiosyncrasy on the Advanced Search:

Spoiler

S8s29c8.png

"Curse Representative" and "New Members" are duplicated. This can be or not a problem - if this duplication is happening on the DB, you may have two different IDs for the same thing.

In time, there's a Thread for Forum bugs? I don't thing creating a new thread just for this is a productive measure.

Cheers.

9 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

I see the same mods active all the time: do you people ever sleep? Work? Eat? Have a family life?

Seriously, I have insomnia - and it helps. For the most part, I sleep about three hours a night. That allows me to play KSP and other computer games as my family sleeps. Eating is overrated, and work? Meh, it's okay.

10 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

And then: how do you find, on top of these, time to play KSP?

I keep a tight schedule. :)

18 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Dear mods,

This might be a bit silly question, I admit, but nevertheless:

I see the same mods active all the time: do you people ever sleep?

No.

Work?

No.

Eat?

No.

Have a family life?

No.

And then: how do you find, on top of these, time to play KSP? :o

I don't.

I've got an... excrementsbucket... for lack of a better term. If you want to keep your competitive edge in the KSP forums, you need to steel yourself to the rigors of the job.

27 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

I've got an... excrementsbucket... for lack of a better term. If you want to keep your competitive edge in the KSP forums, you need to steel yourself to the rigors of the job.

So this is why the likes were turned off? So you could go empty the bucket without someone gaining the competitive edge while you were away?