Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

So this is why the likes were turned off? So you could go empty the bucket without someone gaining the competitive edge while you were away? 

You got me. The technical issue is that my bucket has a hole in it. ;)

Alright, I know that all I'd do is just repeating the same things again, but :

- Contact Methods and Profile Information fields on the user profile page has been broken (it just shows "array"), even though the location under the user profile next to posts are showing correctly;

- Reactions has been disabled for a technical reason.

Wishing all the best to the moderators and web developers / forum maintainers here ! がんばれ!

10 hours ago, YNM said:

- Contact Methods and Profile Information fields on the user profile page has been broken (it just shows "array"), even though the location under the user profile next to posts are showing correctly;

I have found that, if I edit my profile info, the data is still there, it is only being displayed as "array", so the other info besides just location seems to have been retained. 

10 hours ago, YNM said:

Wishing all the best to the moderators and web developers / forum maintainers here ! がんばれ!

Thanks!   We appreciate it.  :D

10 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

rep button when

As soon as it is fixed? It's not like someone fixed the issue and thought "Let's wait one week more to activate the rep button again, just to annoy everyone" :confused:

It is save to assume they are still working on it but sometimes, a bug need some time to be fixed and there is no way to tell, when it is done.

12 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

rep button when

It's being worked on, and will be ready when it's ready.

We're aware that it's a major inconvenience to people.  Please rest assured that its continued absence is not because nobody cares, or because it's been forgotten about.  In the meantime, thank you for your patience.

25 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Could any of you explain why reactions were disabled? I’m kind of interested by the details :P

Technical issues.

I'm sorry, but we can't go into detail. Maybe sometime in the far, far future, but I can't promise it. :/

Edited by Dman979
Clarified wording.

11 hours ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

do we know when they'll be back? Somebody's probably already asked this but I'm too lazy to read through it!

"Please, when we can continue liking the posts of our dear moderators again?"

1 hour ago, klesh said:

When did the orange SQUAD forum membership turn into KSP Team?  I just noticed this.

Huh, yeah, I noticed that too. I think it happened fairly recently.

Looks like it's because now we're getting people joining from Private Division and Star Theory (ie, not SQUAD staff).

3 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

And just like that, thousands of likes were expended within mere moments, overloading the system and breaking it once again... :P

Well, that would be underwhelming.

25 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

And just like that, thousands of likes were expended within mere moments, overloading the system and breaking it once again... :P

Well.. I did my part. It failed. But, hey, I tried it! :sticktongue: