Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

12 hours ago, Arco123 said:

What forum engine is this running on. I've seen many forums with the exact same layout. Malwarebytes and the KSP forums are the same layout. 

6 hours ago, Deddly said:

Invision Power Services (IPS)

As deddly said, Invision, there is a link at the very bottom of (almost) every page to it. 

Is there a reason why the Privacy Policy popup keeps coming back? It actually just popped up wholesale over a thread link (one of these, just picked a random thread to show what I meant).

^ rather than seeing the thread preview in the box, I just got a privacy notice popup there instead.

On EVERY single forum tab I had open it suddenly came back up.

It seems like it's on a cooldown or something, it goes away for maybe a day? Then I have to get rid of it all over again. We're 13 days in, I've clearly accepted it.

Edited by severedsolo

50 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

It seems like it's on a cooldown or something, it goes away for maybe a day? Then I have to get rid of it all over again. We're 13 days in, I've clearly accepted it.

I know its not technically aboot the forum, but I keep also getting it...EVERY...SINGLE...TIME... I open a page or link thaat takes me to the KSP Wiki... vOv

I seem to be encountering a bug with the 'someone linked to your content' notifications.

@Laie recently adopted an old challenge of mine, and he linked to my thread in his OP. I received a notification about this and posted something like 'hey thanks for taking up my challenge' on the thread. Since then I've got several more identical notifications about Laie linking my content - all of them direct me to the OP of his thread. I think something might be triggering a notification every time he posts on that thread, but I can't tell if it actually directly correlates. Could one of you take a look? Here's the thread in case you need it.

17 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

@RealKerbal3x It seems that the OP of that thread has been edited quite a few times.  I believe you're receiving the notifications when he edits the OP.  I'll check with out IT and see if there's anything that can be done.

Since the thread is a challenge, the leaderboard needs to be updated constantly, so I guess that's what I've been seeing. Thanks for looking into it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just curious about this, but can a moderator change their own username? If I remember correctly, users are limited to 1 username change. But what about moderators?

Can they change their usernames themselves, or do they need a Global Moderator to do that?

As for Global Moderators, can they change their usernames as well?

Sorry for all the questions.

Spoiler: Slightly off-topic.

Spoiler

@Geonovast, was your former profile quote from Ironic? I searched it up and found the lyrics ("10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.")

18 minutes ago, RocketMan-Explorer said:

I'm just curious about this, but can a moderator change their own username? If I remember correctly, users are limited to 1 username change. But what about moderators?

Can they change their usernames themselves, or do they need a Global Moderator to do that?

As for Global Moderators, can they change their usernames as well?

Sorry for all the questions.

Spoiler: Slightly off-topic.

Hide contents

@Geonovast, was your former profile quote from Ironic? I searched it up and found the lyrics ("10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.")

Regular moderators don't have the ability to change their own or anyone else's names, and I imagine they would have the same one change limit, but I don't really know, because it's never been asked :)

Also, Global moderators can't do it either, except for @Vanamonde, because even the forum software is afraid of Vanamonde. 

On 2/14/2019 at 8:40 PM, Snark said:

Whatever it is... I like it, a lot.  Which is why I'm still here and still actively reading the forums after all these years.

I'm not even sure when I started posting here. It's between last year and 3 years ago probably.

Edit: I made this account to address some issues with the To Boldly Go mod. Things get a bit more interesting by page 8 of my activity list.

Edited by Bej Kerman

Welcome to the forum @Getgotyeet, there are a few methods but this is the one I mostly use;
On the forum front page you have the option to 'start a new topic'  - You are then presented with options for where the thread will be located. If you were going to ask a question about playing KSP then you would select 'gameplay questions' then continue. You should see a topic setup screen and can ask away.

Normal: 

Normal person behavior that can be normal for an individual (intrapersonal normality) when it is consistent with the most common behaviour for that person. Normal is also used to describe individual behaviour that conforms to the most common behaviour in society (known as conformity). Definitions of normality vary by person, time, place, and situation – it changes along with changing societal standards and norms. Normal behavior is often only recognized in contrast to abnormality. In its simplest form, normality is seen as good while abnormality is seen as bad.[1] Someone being seen as normal or not normal can have social ramifications, such as being included, excluded or stigmatized by larger society.