Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

1 hour ago, DunaManiac said:

Why are posts in the lounge and forum games not considered part of your post count?

There are people who become overly invested in their post totals and could use the forum games and whatnot to artificially pump those up. 

1 hour ago, DunaManiac said:

Why are posts in the lounge and forum games not considered part of your post count?

Because a thought-out answer to a difficult question - complete with custom-made images and a willingness to answer follow-up questions - should be more indicative of your contribution to the forum than the 857th post in a number war thread.

Edited by Superfluous J

17 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Because a thought-out answer to a difficult question - complete with custom-made images and a willingness to answer follow-up questions - should be more indicative of your contribution to the forum than the 857th post in a number war thread.

^

Now you might just say it's been locked since 2013, but why is this thread unlocked and locked all the time? Is that the game of the thread? I am just very confused. But hey! I can't wait for all of us to be excited for 2038 (if such day exists in the future)! I will remember at 8:14 to click the thread :sticktongue: (if I ever remember, that's like following up to the person who gave me a baby blanket.)

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-5.png

1 minute ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Now you might just say it's been locked since 2013, but why is this thread unlocked and locked all the time? Is that the game of the thread? I am just very confused. But hey! I can't wait for all of us to be excited for 2038 (if such day exists in the future)! I will remember at 8:14 to click the thread :sticktongue: (if I ever remember, that's like following up to the person who gave me a baby blanket.)

It's usually best to ask such question in the thread it pertains to.

47 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

You know why the thread will be unlocked at that time?

Because of the 2038 problem.

Year_2038_problem.gif

Like the Unix epoch, just fowards, if you want to learn more then search "2038 problem".

17 minutes ago, Commodore_32 said:

Because of the 2038 problem.

Yup.

When I set up the auto-unlock, I actually put in the date as Dec 25th, 2525.

But when it went through, it defaulted to January 18th, 2038, and that's how I found out the forum is going to have to deal with the Unix 2038 problem.  One would hope there'd be an update before then...

18 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Yup.

When I set up the auto-unlock, I actually put in the date as Dec 25th, 2525.

But when it went through, it defaulted to January 18th, 2038, and that's how I found out the forum is going to have to deal with the Unix 2038 problem.  One would hope there'd be an update before then...

Looks like it'll stay locked, then. Shame.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Which part? 

alright, let me explain that "Weird error".

so:

there's a feature which marks the last time the user visited the ksp forums.

Squad's account has visited the forums august 31 of 2018.

but Squad posted a topic in this year in july 19.

Like, how did Squad posted a topic above the LTTUVTKSPF time without making the LTTUVTKSPF feature mark the activity?

Technically it is supposed to display july 19 of 2020 as the last time Squad has visited,not august 31 of 2018.

Edited by Kane Kerman
???

• 2 weeks later...