Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

42 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Would be helpful to see who's online, if questions arise.

If there's a question you need one of the mod team to respond to, you can report the thread in question.  There really shouldn't be that many situations that are outside of an existing thread, but if there is, you can PM any of the mods you do see around regularly and we'll get to it as soon as we can.  If it's urgent, and doesn't pertain to a particular thread, you can always report any thread (one of the pinned locked threads is probably a good one) and any moderators that are on will see it.  

11 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

what are the warning points/ what do they do?

They're an indication of how serious we consider the behavior to be. A zero point warn is just a formal reminder of our rules. 1-3 points means it's getting more serious. 5 points means your posts require moderator approval before they're visible for a while because we want to keep an eye on you. 10 total points earns you a 1-week ban because you did something significantly harmful. If you get up to 25 points that's a permanent ban. However, the points expire after a while. So the penalties only apply if you have that many current, non-expired points. 

On 1/13/2021 at 8:31 PM, Vanamonde said:

That's not disabled for moderators. It's the "anonymous" setting that anyone can choose on the upper left-ish of your profile page. 

Wondering, is that set automatically for all moderators? From what I can see (actually can't see), the profile information for all and every moderator does not provide that information.

8 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Wondering, is that set automatically for all moderators? From what I can see (actually can't see), the profile information for all and every moderator does not provide that information.

No, it's an option. 

12 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Only the ones you can't see. ;)

5 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Yes, it's an option. :D

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

I don't know. I haven't checked. 

The three faces of the Moderation Team, in order:

1. See no Evil
  2. Speak no Evil
  3. Evil

:D

8 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I often joke that they made me a moderator to force me to behave! :cool:

Mostly it's because we wanted someone to pour us coffee and bring us cookies. Now we have newer moderators so you're off the hook.