Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

On 1/27/2021 at 2:39 PM, Geonovast said:

ban people for asking too many questions

Seriously??? You guys'll do that type of stuff?

17 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Can user's accounts be hidden? For example, all posts I see that where from Aperature Science are now labled as Guest.

I believe so, not trying to answer the question, but I have seen accounts whose Icons have been greyed out, and their user profile hints as being anonymous users. 

31 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

How often have there been bots on the forum?

They're pretty much a daily thing, but we do a decent job of fending them off I think.

31 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

how many people have you banned?

If I tell you, then I'll have to ban you. 

1 minute ago, Gargamel said:

They're pretty much a daily thing, but we do a decent job of fending them off I think.

33 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I haven't noticed any, so i think that's true.

As a mod, do you prefer being a Moderator, a Module, or a Modification?

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

what would theoretically have happened if the creator(s) of this forum violated the rules? Not saying that the violated them, just a hypothetical scenario

That would be SQUAD itself.  They own and created the forums.   They also set the rules.    Seeing as it's run by a set of professionals who deal with social media, and their careers depend on their behavior.... I don't see it ever happening. 

13 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I think we should have an annual Moderator Appreciation Day.

13 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

I like that idea! There's already a System Administrator Appreciation Day (July 30th), there should be one for Moderators too!

We appreciate the sentiments, but it's not a good idea to have a Moderator  Appreciation Day. We volunteered for this because we like the forums and want to see them stay a fun place, not for any rewards.

You'll do better off with having a Mod Creator Appreciation Day. They put in hours of their time to make the game more fun/different to play, and frequently get no feedback on their work- or even undeserved harsh attacks. I'm sure they'd... appreciate it. :cool:

Said in my best radio commentator voice:

Want to really show moderator appreciation?  Then try these few suggestions for the next week:

• Don't do anything that violates the forum guidelines.
  • Don't unnecessarily ping moderators like this: @Dman979  @Geonovast @Gargamel :D
  • Suggest threads of the month. @Dman979 and @goldenpeach would really like to see the "Don't Click This" thread nominated at least once a day...  :cool:
  • Always share your daily Kerbal antics on the "What did you do in KSP today?" thread. And always include screen shots.
  • When you see a post that you think violates the forum guidelines, report it and resist the urge to correct the wayward forum member yourself.

Or, you could just do what you normally do. Either one is fine.