Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

4 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Why do the @Jebediah Kerman @Bill Kerman @Bob Kerman @Gene Kerman @Wernher von Kerman test accounts have such high rep? Also why do they have high user numbers despite being created before @aLeXmOrA's account (which appears to be the first legit account)

Some of those accounts had artificially inflated post counts and reputation so that, e.g., Jebediah Kerman wasn't called a "newbie" or whatever the forum called brand new members in the beginning.

35 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

Are moderators payed?

No. We offer our time, service, and talents to the forum community for free. We are regular forum members, just like you. We have accepted a layer of responsibility to provide gentle nudges to keep the forum running smoothly. :) 

12 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

like you say for example:''is there a thread about writing configs?'' and then the owner or others link a thread with that topic

We have the search function in the upper right of the screen?

On 4/7/2021 at 1:43 AM, Stormpilot said:

Are moderators payed?

They gain better karma.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:56 PM, OrdinaryKerman said:

Why do the @Jebediah Kerman @Bill Kerman @Bob Kerman @Gene Kerman @Wernher von Kerman test accounts have such high rep? Also why do they have high user numbers despite being created before @aLeXmOrA's account (which appears to be the first legit account)

They are Kerbals. They should.

On 4/17/2021 at 1:33 AM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Was the order of stuff on the home page changed around??

First Order has gone.

4 hours ago, Dfthu said:

Did the forum layout change? I could of swore the community tab was near the bottom of the forum, now its near the top?

Look, just because the community tab is near the top even though it used to be at the bottom doesn't mean that the forum layout has changed. Capice?

Edited by Dman979
Grammer ;-)

Guest The Doodling Astronaut2

Hi its me doodles, I lost my account for some weird reason. I don't know how, but it's gone... can we fix this up somehow?

On 4/16/2021 at 3:33 PM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Waitaminute.....

Was the order of stuff on the home page changed around??

Yes, the Community section has been moved up a bit to give it better visibility. We are currently testing this new placement. 

2 hours ago, Weak Player said:

I have a question after reading the page : How do you become a moderator?

Sometimes we invite applications, and sometimes we just invite someone we think would make a good moderator. We look for people who are helpful on the forum and good written communicators. We're not looking to add to the team right now, though.