Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Quite a few posts have been removed, due to going completely off-topic to discuss another forum thread that has nothing to do with this one.

We know it's all in good fun, but do please try to stay on-topic here, folks.  ;)  If you want to discuss another thread, then that other thread would be the right place to discuss it.

Want to ask something about the forums.

Now that we have the quote function folding up into extendable boxes, there's a bit of an interesting result if you're quoting someone who put in the spoiler box inside it. It works as intended if you press open the spoiler first but then press the expand option; however if you're doing it in reverse then it glitches through the rest of the forum.

Spoiler

The intended behavior :

Spoiler

unknown.png

If you do it the other way, however :

Spoiler

unknown.png

Post in here :

I know it might be difficult to fix, but just wondering if the forum devs are aware of it.

6 hours ago, YNM said:

Want to ask something about the forums.

Now that we have the quote function folding up into extendable boxes, there's a bit of an interesting result if you're quoting someone who put in the spoiler box inside it. It works as intended if you press open the spoiler first but then press the expand option; however if you're doing it in reverse then it glitches through the rest of the forum.

Reveal hidden contents

The intended behavior :

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

If you do it the other way, however :

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

Post in here :

I know it might be difficult to fix, but just wondering if the forum devs are aware of it.

I will bring it up. 

Whenever i look at posts from around 2021 to 2014 i always see / everywhere, whats with that?

On 5/25/2021 at 3:15 PM, Admiral Fluffy said:

Its something we say on the megathread when there is a new page

i invented that! the original is "Oh hey llok new page", i did it while i was sleep deprived

17 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

I can’t figure out how to do it

Just as a follow-up:  in the future, if you need some sort of help with a particular thread or post and don't know what to do, then the easiest way to get help on it is to just report the post with an explanatory comment.  That'll get our attention and we can look into it.  :)

(A lot of folks seem to get the idea that reporting posts is only for bad stuff, like if someone's being abusive.  It's not.  Reporting a post doesn't mean "this is bad" or "this is good", it just means "hey moderators, could you please take a look at this".  The report lets you type in a note about why you're reporting it-- please do!-- which is very handy.)

Can i ask why this post is pinned in KSP Discussion? Its a great post but i am kinda confused, doesn't it belong in Add ons or some other section?

Edit* Oh its the thread of the month, so they get pinned for that, nvm then.

Edited by Serenity

1 hour ago, Zaffre said:

I was going to create a thread until I found this.

With 1.12 being the final update in terms of content, will the Suggestions & Development Discussion subforum be retired?

There hasn't been any discussion about removing that subforum, as far as I'm aware. Even with no more content being added after 1.12, I think it's still possible for the subforum to have a place here: For instance, discussions about bugs.

But again, there hasn't been talk in the moderation team about that yet.

Edited by Dman979
Clarified wording.

1 hour ago, Zaffre said:

I was going to create a thread until I found this.

With 1.12 being the final update in terms of content, will the Suggestions & Development Discussion subforum be retired?

Nope. Leave it. We have an active modding community that could make some of those wishes a reality. 

On 6/1/2015 at 10:16 AM, Dman979 said:

So if I wanted to start such a thread I'd need to be a mod?

I always like to read the first few pages of the old threads that I see become active out of the blue. So I have to ask, now that you 've reached your goal, did you ever get your secret sub-forum with three people in it?

49 minutes ago, snkiz said:

I always like to read the first few pages of the old threads that I see become active out of the blue. So I have to ask, now that you 've reached your goal, did you ever get your secret sub-forum with three people in it?

Ha! No, I did not. But the reason for it has passed, anyway.

11 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

When is the Beautiful Monstrositytm  called the Megathread going to be unlocked?

It will automagically unlock when it's ready.

Edited by Dman979
Typo