Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

3 hours ago, Souptime said:

another thing: did yall forget about dont click this? it hasnt been open since april :P

I don't know what you mean. That thread has been locked since... what? 2013?

1 hour ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

How do I use BG propellers? Can you guide me to a thread for that?

Interestingly, there is a whole section of the forum for this. 

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/106-breaking-ground-discussion/

4 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

It was unlocked 7 minutes ago 

It’s a running joke. :wink:

Also, moderators, I believe that you may need to press the lock/unlock toggle for said DCT thread. No need to check which state it’s in. I assure you there is an error. :P

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

5 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Also, moderators, I believe that you may need to press the lock/unlock toggle for said DCT thread. No need to check which state it’s in. I assure you there is an error. :P

You're right, there's no need to check- it's been locked since Ted locked it in 2013. As for the toggle, we keep pressing it and it only has one option; to lock.

2 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

We’ve never seen it before because there isn’t a “downvote” or something similar. 

Ah, you weren't here 809 days ago, I see.

The "Do Not Click" thread has been locked ever since Ted locked it in 2013. Honestly, it's best to ask questions about that thread in the thread so we don't spread nonsense to the rest of the forums. :)

Edited by Dman979
Added clarity.

Can anybody point me to someone on here that knows how all the parameters in all config files work, who will actually give you clear and useful information when you ask?

Hey folks,

Over the last week there were a number of posts that left the original intent of this thread. According to the thread's OP, the purpose of this thread is to be able to ask the moderators questions about the forum, about the community, and possibly about the game itself. 

I've had to go through the most recent postings with a broom and dustpan to clean up the mess that we've (myself included) made in this thread.  While we have any number of non-serious (game threads) to post crazy stuff in, we need to keep this thread quasi-serious.

Please keep your posts on-topic; don't post stuff that's more chatty and loosely relates to asking legitimate questions.

Happy postings!

12 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Can anybody point me to someone on here that knows how all the parameters in all config files work, who will actually give you clear and useful information when you ask?

It might be best to post your questions in the relevant section. Or maybe you already tried? 

6 hours ago, Deddly said:

It might be best to post your questions in the relevant section. Or maybe you already tried? 

I believe I have already tried but feel free to move it to a section where you think it might get an answer. I asked here after putting questions out in other sections only to have them slowly buried un answered as others also ask questions. I have noticed many before me have asked questions and have had over 50 views but never recieved an answer. I hoped with all the accumulated experience of the moderators, that between you you would know of someone well versed who doesn't mind sharing their knowledge. So I am crossing my fingers. Thank you for any help you can give.

2 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

When was the forum created, and who was the first member?

Some of the oldest posts and threads have been lost during forum upgrades, but the forum was created around late June or early July of 2011. The first few accounts were for game characters and Squad staff people. The very first account created is Jeb's. 

34 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Why does the five star rating thing still exist? It feels like a lot of people spam one stars on a lot of threads

We asked if people wanted it dropped and they said no. I don't know why. Almost no one uses it. 

22 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Have any moderators ever been fired/removed from their post?

We don't gossip about our staff members, nor about forum members. 

What is going on with the "Don't Click" Thread? I don't want it to be un-locked, I don't really care, but it seems like it has been locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked, and locked for a while, and it seems like even you (The moderators) are surprised. It has just been unlocked again somehow.