Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

No, a random images thread would not be fine for the forums no matter its size.

The rules about chat and nonsense threads apply to the entire forums: The Lounge, Forum Games, KSP Discussion; you get the point. The announcement about them is located in The Lounge because that's where those threads tend to pop up, but they require too much moderator intervention no matter where they are posted.

4 minutes ago, BuranAce said:

What was the megathread? I've heard about it multiple times but I wasn't on the forums at the time and I'm curious to see what it is.

These two posts should explain it for you:

On 7/26/2021 at 8:43 AM, BuranAce said:

What was the megathread? I've heard about it multiple times but I wasn't on the forums at the time and I'm curious to see what it is.

oh my god the megathread is a legend now

"Have you heard the tale of dark megathreadus the wise?"

On 7/26/2021 at 5:43 AM, BuranAce said:

A legendary thread where we posted random stuff. However it was shut down on June 24th 2021 due to KSP content being posted there multiple times (not allowed in the lounge). It also demonstrated the need for one of the forum games rules stating that nonsense threads were not allowed.

Edited by Stormpilot

I'm not sure that threads which ended up locked for ignoring repeated warnings are the type of things you want to celebrate. There's plenty of other fun threads that aren't locked.

Also, Rule 3.3 is a thing, too.

Edited by Dman979
Added clarity.

The megathread is a 106thread.

They killed it from fear of a probable AI birth in the primordial chaos of repeatable chunks of nonsense.

As this bodyless monster would be organically equipped with rocket design, heavy crane, and naive style art capabilities, this frightened them with unpredictable consequences.

I've recently often been blocked off by cloudflare from being able to access this forum after being logged in. Granted I do usually access the forum while trying to write a post on a different thread in a different tab (sometimes a few different tabs and sometimes some would be in incognito ie. logged off while some is logged in), so I could understand why cloudflare might have problems with it, and I know very well that this region's IP isn't exactly the cleanest there is, but... is there a way to make it not that strict ? Quite a few times I've had to abandon trying to write a post because cloudflare blocks lasts pretty darn long.

If anyone could shed a light on this phenomenon I'd be very happy to know what could've caused it.

Edited by YNM

I understand the limit to the number of likes given, I also understand that each like given takes time to 'reset'.

I am on mobile. Is there a way to see how many likes you have available to give at any given time? A counter of sorts? If not, could it be added?

If this was answered, my apologies. Unless it's buried deep in a thread, I didn't see anything about the likes being displayed or how to find out the number you have available.

29 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

I'm not sure there is a good way to see how many you have available at any given time or how long until the next one becomes available. Sorry. :/

Ok. Thanx for answering, may have to start kepping post it notes then ;p

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

or how long until the next one becomes available.

I believe this resets at the time that the server's clock changes date, but I might be wrong ?

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

if it is your IP that’s the root cause, a VPN might let you get around that. 

Yeah it might be that. Or might also be the browser itself (I've laid out about how the embed function fails in Mozilla Firefox on Windows). Haven't got any fails here in Mozilla Firefox on Kubuntu but I haven't tried doing that again.

35 minutes ago, YNM said:

I believe this resets at the time that the server's clock changes date, but I might be wrong ?

You start with a "pool" of 25 reputation to give away. Each reputation takes 24 hours to recharge, and you can't ever have more than 25 reputation in the pool.

When you give rep #1 away, it starts its own countdown timer until you're able to give it away again.

If I give away 1 reputation at 00:21 (Day One) and the remaining reputation at 23:59 Day One), I will need to wait 22 minutes until I have 1 rep in the pool to give away. Once I give that one away, I will need to wait until 23:59 (Day Two) until I can give more away, because the other 24 reputation need to recharge.