Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

2 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

@Vanamonde i just checked out @[email protected] because that question made me curious, on my end, on mobile i still see their reputation as -56. I cannot say how it looks on pc as im not near my pc, but, it seems glitched still on mobile.

They fixed the glitch.   Not the rep.     As they said in “Office Space”, we figure the problem will just work itself out.    

2 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Question! Can y'all tell me more about restrictions and warning points?

It's pretty simple.   If you break the forum rules, we ask you to not do that.     If you continue, warning points get awarded.   Enough points, and your access to the forums can be restricted to various levels.     And the exact points really don't matter, just follow the rules and you won't have an issue with it.  If something does happen and we need to discuss your points with you, we do that on a private and individual basis.   We do follow a set protocol for assigning the points. 

30 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

It's pretty simple.   If you break the forum rules, we ask you to not do that.     If you continue, warning points get awarded.   Enough points, and your access to the forums can be restricted to various levels.     And the exact points really don't matter, just follow the rules and you won't have an issue with it.  If something does happen and we need to discuss your points with you, we do that on a private and individual basis.   We do follow a set protocol for assigning the points. 

Oooh! What kind of restrictions!

9 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Oooh! What kind of restrictions!

Remember when you first became a member and your posts had to be vetted before they would be allowed to be displayed?

There is a good example.

Though I am sure a nice moderator will eventually correct me, I am going to guess, not being allowed to comment on or like a post, no starting a new thread and if you are really bad, banishment or being fed to the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

2 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

*you're.

And you're right, we're watching. :mad:

You are correct and I shouldn't be trying to spell at 2 in the morning.

Well now it's time to say good bye to Jeb and all his kin.
And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin in.
You're all invited back next week to this locality
To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality
Hillbilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.
Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Possible restrictions could be that a moderator needs to approve your posts for a while, it could be a temporary restriction on posting at all, or it could be a permanent ban. 

All of these are pretty rare except for spammers, because you guys are usually so good <3

55 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Possible restrictions could be that a moderator needs to approve your posts for a while, it could be a temporary restriction on posting at all, or it could be a permanent ban. 

All of these are pretty rare except for spammers, because you guys are usually so good <3

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bx04h4r9pwt80c026ufl

31 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

@adsii1970 oh the fun of watching Gallagher on tv. That man was hysterical! Shame hes suffered at least 2 heart attacks. Would have loved seeing him live.

I had the privilege of seeing him live three times. Even warned a date to bring her rain coat because we had center-seventh row tickets. 

She never heard of Gallagher before and didn't listen. :cool: It was our first/last date. 

Maybe I should crosspost this to the unpopular opinion thread.

I think Gallagher was hysterically funny right up to the point where he brought out the hammer. The only thing good about it was that I knew at that point in the show I could turn it off knowing I didn't miss anything good.