Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

1 hour ago, BlackMesaSurvivor said:

Am i the only one who sees the forums a little bit... odd?

unknown.png

Or was this an common issue?

With multiple different browsers on many different devices, the forum takes on many shapes and sizes.      What in particular are you referring to? 

6 hours ago, Gargamel said:

What in particular are you referring to? 

I was talking about this small thing:

unknown.png

It's the time display, seems to be a little bit incorrect, because it's supposed to display x hours or a day ago, instead, it's somehow displaying it incorrectly,like if a year has already passed away... this small problem wont affect too much, but it's a little bit annoying.

4 hours ago, BlackMesaSurvivor said:

It's the time display, seems to be a little bit incorrect, because it's supposed to display x hours or a day ago, instead, it's somehow displaying it incorrectly,like if a year has already passed away... this small problem wont affect too much, but it's a little bit annoying.

I think it might be becoming of the new year.

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

What do you mean? 

What I mean is that I started at the begining and worked my way through the posts and unless the power to lock and unlock has changed since those days, a moderator would theoretically lock the thread only for someone to post a comment after them the same day. There were also comments suggesting that some who were mods then are no longer and that at least one who seemed like an anarchist member is now a mod. There was also gleeful ribbing between those that I think have been mods the entire time falling on both sides of the lock or not debate. It was very different to the now, click if it magically becomes possible (which I never seem to catch) inside joke game that it now is. So I just wondered if that thread was a sort of light hearted war between mods, roughly around 5 years ago, give or take?

5 hours ago, ColdJ said:

What I mean is that I started at the begining and worked my way through the posts and unless the power to lock and unlock has changed since those days, a moderator would theoretically lock the thread only for someone to post a comment after them the same day. There were also comments suggesting that some who were mods then are no longer and that at least one who seemed like an anarchist member is now a mod. There was also gleeful ribbing between those that I think have been mods the entire time falling on both sides of the lock or not debate. It was very different to the now, click if it magically becomes possible (which I never seem to catch) inside joke game that it now is. So I just wondered if that thread was a sort of light hearted war between mods, roughly around 5 years ago, give or take?

No. 

It has always been locked. 

But if, say, a forum software update undid a lock so that a thread stated to be locked was found not to be locked, it would need to be locked again, wouldn't it? Possibly giving rise to mirth and jocularity. Hypothetically. 

14 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

No. 

It has always been locked. 

But if, say, a forum software update undid a lock so that a thread stated to be locked was found not to be locked, it would need to be locked again, wouldn't it? Possibly giving rise to mirth and jocularity. Hypothetically. 

Oh yes, that is Hypothetically possible. ;p

6 hours ago, Gargamel said:

At the bottom of each post. 

They don’t appear on mobile apparently though. 

Depends on the screen width, actually. If I turn my phone on its side and view the forum in landscape orientation, I can see the signatures. 

13 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Depends on the screen width, actually. If I turn my phone on its side and view the forum in landscape orientation, I can see the signatures. 

Interesting.   Doesn’t work for me on IOS with either safari or Firefox. 

7 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Interesting.   Doesn’t work for me on IOS with either safari or Firefox. 

You can add that Bing and Chrome web browsers for Android won't do it either, @Gargamel.

Edit: On Google Chrome: If you go to the upper right corner and click on the three lines (the ones that trigger the drop-down menu), there's an option to see the website as a "Desktop site." Click that option, and you will be able to see the signatures.

2 hours ago, Deddly said:

@adsii1970 clearly really knows where his towel is. 

Chrome on Android does it for me without needing to request the desktop site, but I have a really elongated screen - lots of pixels to fill with content. 

I am not familiar with this expression. "knows where his towel is..." :huh:

Once I realized what the reference was to... duh. Slow mental speed day. It's a migraine-event day. Full of delayed reactions.

@AtomicTech:

Spoiler

A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

@Deddly: thanks for the smile. :)