Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

23 hours ago, Random-E said:

i've noticed that there's a lot of forums threads that're missing, especially when i go old mod hunting.

Hard to say without knowing something more specific.  Are you saying that you have a bookmark that used to work, and now when you get there it says "no such thread"?  Or are you just typing stuff in the search box and not finding it?

If it's the latter, that doesn't necessarily mean that the thread is "missing"-- it could just be that you don't have the keywords quite right.  Also, my observation has been that the forum's "search" function isn't super robust and it can often be difficult to find what one is looking for.

19 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Probably got deleted.

This seems pretty unlikely to me.  Note that the author of a thread doesn't have the ability to delete it.  The only people who can remove threads are moderators, and we rarely do that, and basically never to mod threads (generally this only happens to spammer threads, or really toxic threads that were on forbidden topics from the get-go, that sort of thing).

There have been a (very) few cases where some modder got unhappy for whatever reason and left the forum, and chose to make their threads difficult to locate afterwards (e.g. editing the subject and OP of their thread to just be a dash or something).  That's pretty rare, though-- there haven't been many cases of that.  (And no, we're not going to discuss specifics about who did that to which mods, out of respect for people's privacy; nor would it be appropriate to speculate on motives or anything else.  So please don't ask.)

Just now, Snark said:

This seems pretty unlikely to me.  Note that the author of a thread doesn't have the ability to delete it.  The only people who can remove threads are moderators, and we rarely do that, and basically never to mod threads (generally this only happens to spammer threads, or really toxic threads that were on forbidden topics from the get-go, that sort of thing).

I meant deleted by the forum software itself.

What i think @Random-E is saying that a thread is linked, but when you click on it, it says 'That thread is not available' or something like that.

9 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

What i think @Random-E is saying that a thread is linked, but when you click on it, it says 'That thread is not available' or something like that.

Well, that's not a bad guess, but we don't actually know without clarification, thus my question.  :)  And it would be impossible to deal with any sort of generality like that-- would need to see an actual example.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:54 PM, Random-E said:

why're a number of post/topics missing?

On 3/7/2022 at 4:32 PM, Random-E said:

i've noticed that there's a lot of forums threads that're missing, especially when i go old mod hunting.

13 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

I meant deleted by the forum software itself.

One of the forum software upgrades changed the URL format and renumbered the threads. Often you can still find them with a web search or via CKAN. For example this (former) thread:

is now here:

Edited by HebaruSan

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Why did the "bit of fun" "Don't lock me" thread get merged into the always locked "Don't click me thread?

Well, it was a bit of fun for a while, but the two threads are basically the same :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Dman979 I gotta ask, is it Dee-Man or Da-Man? The latter being with slightly more enthusiasm and finger-gunning ;)

Also since when is Gargamel a mod? Two months ago I was in a 2+ year hiatus or thereabouts and I can't remember him being one back then...

1 hour ago, Earthlinger said:

@Dman979 I gotta ask, is it Dee-Man or Da-Man? The latter being with slightly more enthusiasm and finger-gunning ;)

Also since when is Gargamel a mod? Two months ago I was in a 2+ year hiatus or thereabouts and I can't remember him being one back then...

January 2019 is when I joined up. 

On 5/8/2022 at 9:21 AM, Earthlinger said:

It’s pronounced “nine-seven-nine,” the “Dman” is silent. :P 

Edited by Dman979
Added quote.

On 5/8/2022 at 3:49 AM, ColdJ said:

Just how many Moderators are there?

I keep finding new ones that I have never seen before.

Well, let's see...  :cool:

I'm pretty sure @Vanamonde will start looking for new ones at some point. It's been a while since we have had a new member added to the moderation team. But with KSP2 coming out in the future...

But to answer your question, you can visit this thread:

Hi moderators, I'm commenting here because there's no "report" option on https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/guidelines/ ...

5. Miscellaneous

5.1 Add-ons

A more detailed set of rules regarding add-ons and add-on licensing can be found here and must be followed at all times.

The text "here" is a link to https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/add-on-posting-rules/ , which is a 404 broken link. So the add-on posting rules currently aren't very easy to find.

Edited by HebaruSan

So... What subforums will be added in early 2023? I mean, if we still use this forum instead of starting a new one? 

I can think of a new Add-on subforum dedicated for KSP2, because KSP1 mods will possibly malfunction, if not useless, in KSP2. I think the devs has changed the file structure completely.

And a KSP2 Technical support subforum? It seems to me that most other subforums can work well even when the two games are mixed together.

Edited by CFYL