Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

How many people can I put on ignore between now and the launch of EA - and, is there a way to bulk-block all the people who complain about the graphics? 

I second that notion :)

On 12/28/2022 at 9:32 AM, Gargamel said:

Be aware though, if you delete your account, you are forbidden from rejoining the forums.

Oh? Is there any way to work around this?

18 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

is there a way to bulk-block all the people who complain about the graphics?

Sure.  Just don't read the KSP2 section of the forum until launch day.  It's less than three weeks away, anyway.  :sticktongue:

2 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Regarding weird textbox behavior.. I think it just copied me something from another user because I don't remember ever typing what I saw lol.

I’ve had it do that for text I never posted months previous.     Any chance you’re  on a network with other forum users? 

Edited by Gargamel

I'm on home wifi, password protected and all, so highly doubt it.

The only thing that comes to mind is that I clicked on a thread and there was someone else's post added "just now", wasn't there before the click, maybe I got what they were about to post but scratched. It kinda fitted in context.

Edited by The Aziz

38 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

I don't want this, just wondering if its possible.

Can you have no name?

I don't think you can have no name at all, but you can probably have an all-whitespace name (it's worth trying)
(Your best friend will be 0x0B (or \v) :))

Interesting question because well... Can you have a BEL character in your username? (0x07) Or some exotic Unicode character like ⨌ (U+2A0C) or ⌨ (U+2328)...
(I put one 0x07 character in each word "BEL" in this post btw)

Aaah it doesn't want my U+00012427

3 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Can you have no name?

So, the question's already been answered ("no"), but in the (possibly futile) hope of forestalling further questions in this vein:

For any question of the form, "Can you do <obnoxious thing that would confuse fellow forum users and/or substantially complicate moderating>," the answer is always going to be "no".  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

Is it possible to ask that a thread will close on a certain date?

If you are the OP of the thread, we can close a thread for you.   And if you ask nicely ;) and don’t do it too often, yes we could set a thread to lock at a certain date or time, as long as there is a legitimate reason for the time lock.    I can’t tell you what those reasons would be, because it would be on a case by case basis.  Doing it just because you can is not good enough.    Also, if we deem the forum to be better served by keeping a thread open, we reserve the right to deny a lock request, timed or otherwise.   

43 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

If you are the OP of the thread, we can close a thread for you.   And if you ask nicely ;) and don’t do it too often, yes we could set a thread to lock at a certain date or time, as long as there is a legitimate reason for the time lock.    I can’t tell you what those reasons would be, because it would be on a case by case basis.  Doing it just because you can is not good enough.    Also, if we deem the forum to be better served by keeping a thread open, we reserve the right to deny a lock request, timed or otherwise.