Dman979

Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

9 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

I'm not sure if ManeTI plays KSP, actually, and he isn't a moderator. He's our forum IT guy. :)

We are engaged in a clandestine internal war of assassination and sabotage, battling for supremacy. 

From the dawn of time they came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known they were amongst us... until now.

2 hours ago, KSK said:

From the dawn of time they came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known they were amongst us... until now.

There... there can be only one?

when someone reports a post, do you see who reported it? or is it anonymous?

3 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

when someone reports a post, do you see who reported it? or is it anonymous?

We see who reported it.  (That's pretty important, in case we have any questions.  It also discourages folks from abusing the report system.)

Note that reports include not just  "who reported", but also a note (assuming the reporter saw fit to enter one).  That's really important, because without that, we don't have the context of "what's the problem here?"  Sometimes it's pretty obvious (e.g. if the reported post is being blatantly abusive, or something)... but a lot of the time, it's not so obvious at first glance what the issue is, and telling us why you're reporting is a real timesaver for us.

One example of why the note is so important:  Users don't have all the context that moderators do.  It's not uncommon for users to report stuff that they simply don't like (but which actually isn't breaking any rules).  If they report such a post without a note, we're left scratching our heads-- "did they report it because they think this thing is a problem, which actually isn't?  Or is there some other problem somewhere that we're missing?"  Which wastes our time, looking into the matter.

So... feel free to report posts in any situation where you think a moderator's attention is required, but we'd appreciate it if you please include a note explaining why when you do so.  Doesn't need to be long.  Thanks!

18 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Wait, what?

When did @Ten Key become a moderator?? :o

I've gone ahead and moved your post to the relevant area of the forum. 

I was waylaid November 13th, 2017. :) 

36 minutes ago, Ten Key said:

I've gone ahead and moved your post to the relevant area of the forum. 

I was waylaid November 13th, 2017. :) 

Great Kerm above, it's already started! He's gone mad with power! :D

Seriously tho... sort of... not sure whether to be relieved or terrified here...

Be afraid. Be very, very afraid. Just you wait until he starts adding to the Moderation Nation Observation Station.

9 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Great Kerm above, it's already started! He's gone mad with power! :D

Seriously tho... sort of... not sure whether to be relieved or terrified here...

He's managed to keep the pair of us from going prompt-critical so I reckon that speaks to his moderation skills. :) 

5 hours ago, Deddly said:

Be afraid. Be very, very afraid. Just you wait until he starts adding to the Moderation Nation Observation Station.

I await with trepidation. My elevation. To the exaltation (not denigration) of the Moderation Nation Observation Station.

Yo.

1 hour ago, KSK said:

I await with trepidation. My elevation. To the exaltation (not denigration) of the Moderation Nation Observation Station.

Yo.

That would require an abdication from the Moderation Nation, whose adjudication shall be in relation to the equation of the station's ablation abrasion allocation. And for what justification- the commercialization of our organization's bureaucratization?!?

Yo.

43 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

That would require an abdication from the Moderation Nation, whose adjudication shall be in relation to the equation of the station's ablation abrasion allocation. And for what justification- the commercialization of our organization's bureaucratization?!?

Yo.

-ationception

4 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Yo.

It's clear your cultivation. Of imagination. And education, needs no elucidation or further explication.

So I concede and beg you accept my humble resignation.

14 minutes ago, KSK said:

It's clear your cultivation. Of imagination. And education, needs no elucidation or further explication.

So I concede and beg you accept my humble resignation.

The Haitian to Croatian narration translation of your quotation's dictation demands a cessation. Damnation!

Edited by Dman979
Changed wording.

To a monster here has been given creation, yet sadly my “likes” have reached their devastation, so no more congratulation, what a sad situation. The very personification of lamenting cetaceans..

Also, my lunch was just stolen by a large Haitian, so...

Donation?:D