Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

On 24/9/2016 at 6:03 PM, legoclone09 said:

I'm thinking of doing a charity event called Extra Life in November when it is, is it OK to make a thread about it with a donation link (later in October most likely)? I don't get money for it.

EDIT: impatience intensifies :D @Red Iron Crown?

Hi legoclone09! That's a great idea. Feel free to make that thread :)

Well, I just read through a couple of the "ahh the devs are leaving all is lost you're a brat no you're a shill" threads and figured this was as good a place to say it as any--mods, I don't envy you your task right now. Thanks for doing what you do. :) 

As for the rest of us, let's all commit to keeping the LF in our ships and not pouring any more on the fire. This too shall pass.

Ethanadams, for one thing, globals are more senior moderators, and so policy questions or tie-breaker calls within the team are passed up to them. Rank within the team is rather informal, but somebody needs to be in charge. Also, most of the globals have access to admin powers on the forum. 

Dman979, actually, our moderator role charts are very out of date. We know about it, but to be honest, we mostly haven't updated because it would include the sad duty of removing the names of some people who have moved on, such as KasperVld and a few of the guys who are preoccupied with school or day jobs right now. :( Perhaps after the new CM gets settled in. 

Edited by Vanamonde
My typing sucks.

30 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Ethanadams, for one thing, globals are more senior moderators, and so policy questions or tie-breaker calls within the team are passed up to them. Rank within the team is rather informal, but somebody needs to be in charge. Also, most of the globals have access to admin powers on the forum. 

So you're officially the guy to blame if the mods screw up, right?

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Dman979, actually, our moderator role charts are very out of date. We know about it, but to be honest, we mostly haven't updated because it would include the sad duty of removing the names of some people who have moved on, such as KasperVld and a few of the guys who are preoccupied with school or day jobs right now. :( Perhaps after the new CM gets settled in. 

Yeah, removing people is hard. Maybe make a seperate category for former mods?

But that's not really what I meant. If I go to this page, it shows only 1 person who hasn't been on since July, and 3 other semi-questionable mods, plus the three I mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

But that's not really what I meant. If I go to this page, it shows only 1 person who hasn't been on since July, and 3 other semi-questionable mods, plus the three I mentioned above.

Part of it is a quirk of the IPS software, MarkZero, etc. are moderators, but only for one forum, the EDU forum. Both IPS and previously vBulletin had support for single-forum moderators, and so populate the moderator list with them as well.

I'll do some tinkering with the admin controls to see if I can adjust it.

EDIT: I've done some temporary re-ordering, I can properly separate out the directory later.

Edited by Supernovy

A short time ago... I posted a new thread about the devs leaving... (within the past hour)...

Now I cannot find it... was it deleted or merged? If it was, a PM to me might have been nice...

At any rate, I came back to delete it because ... to be honest.... I'm sick to death of the BS doing the rounds.

EDIT: ITS OK,..... I found it... it was merged with another thread...

Edited by kiwi1960

On 07/10/2016 at 0:34 PM, Dman979 said:

Alright, I've updated the directory to separate out the KerbalEDU staff. The main moderator list, however, is automatically gathered from the list of users in the moderator and global moderator groups. If there are inactive moderators in there, it's because we haven't demoted them for whatever reason. I know at least one is on extended hiatus.

14 hours ago, WasterOne said:

I've had to re-signup as my old handle seems to be lost due to needing an email address association; it's been a few years. Is there a way to retrieve my old login? (Waster)

Waster

now WasterOne....

Your old account is still around, and does have an email address associated with it. Retrieving it is another matter, you'll have to PM me or Red Iron Crown with more information if you want to go further.

On 10/10/2016 at 2:30 PM, Supernovy said:

Your old account is still around, and does have an email address associated with it. Retrieving it is another matter, you'll have to PM me or Red Iron Crown with more information if you want to go further.

Actually was helped out by one of the mods, got my original handle back.

Waster

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

Who is the new moderator?

I may have missed an introduction or announcement somewhere.

Happy landings!

We don't generally do announcements about changes to the moderation team. Our newest member is @TheKosmonaut, long time KSP player and operator in the #kspofficial IRC channel. He was added to the forum moderation team a little over a week ago.

1 hour ago, TheKosmonaut said:

Can confirm, I am TheKosmonaut and I indeed am a moderator. Hello @Starhawk

Hello TheKosmonaut.  Good to meet you.

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

We don't generally do announcements about changes to the moderation team. Our newest member is @TheKosmonaut, long time KSP player and operator in the #kspofficial IRC channel. He was added to the forum moderation team a little over a week ago.

Thanks Red.

Happy landings everybody!