Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Here's a mobile screenshot of my own profile. Doesn't look much different as you can see. I don't think a screenshot of the ModCP would be quite appropriate from me, as getting all of it in on a mobile device is nigh-impossible. Perhaps another moderator could help there.

xzdKGRI.png

EDIT : No, I will not tell you what your user notes are, r4pt0r. They're seecret. That is why they are called 'moderator-only'.

MRS : His posts have been melted with acid. I would say there are 60+ banned users currently. Changing avatars and sigs is fairly rare, maybe once per month? I don't really know. And yes, we can see banned users' profiles, not that there's much interesting there.

Edited by DuoDex

Here's a mobile screenshot of my own profile. Doesn't look much different as you can see. I don't think a screenshot of the ModCP would be quite appropriate from me, as getting all of it in on a mobile device is nigh-impossible. Perhaps another moderator could help there.

http://imgur.com/xzdKGRI.png

Hmm, strange. I hit "View conversations" on your profile, wondering what it was, and then posted a message as a "conversation" and it showed up as a visitor message! Why? How? When? Where? Thank you for answering all my questions!

Hmm, strange. I hit "View conversations" on your profile, wondering what it was, and then posted a message as a "conversation" and it showed up as a visitor message! Why? How? When? Where? Thank you for answering all my questions!

Starting a conversation is basically posting public PMs, as I understand it. I may be wrong.

Do moderators get warnings/infractions as well? Thanks!

Technically, yes. I have yet to see it happen though, supposedly we are 'paragons of virtue' and whatnot. We are rude about each other and others in a different, non-public place.

EDIT : No, I will not tell you what your user notes are, r4pt0r. They're seecret. That is why they are called 'moderator-only'.

Oh BOO.

What are your favorite forum boards?

EDIT: I realized it late but yes, the forums lol

Edited by r4pt0r

Oh BOO.

What are your favorite boards?

/v/, /vg/, /pol/, what else? Full of KSP content. Especially /pol/, nothing but pretty pictures of Pol there.

EDIT : Oh, you meant here? I like the French forums, Kerbal Network, and General Discussion.

Forgive me if this has been asked already.

Red Iron Crown, how did you get your username?

Other mods, how did you get yours?

EDIT: Oooh, the only other stickied thread here with more views has ~56 K. We have ~6.5 K. :huh: Only 50 K more to go! :P

EDIT2: We also have the second-most posts of all the stickied threads!:D

Yes, I am very happy.

Edited by Dman979

What are your favorite forum boards?

I like General Discussion, Gameplay Questions, and Suggestions and Development Discussion. And Forum Games for silliness.

Red Iron Crown, how did you get your username?

I accidentally used my regular password in the username field.

Do all the moderators have a secret fallout shelter for forum disasters like the April Fools Flamewar?

We are issued flame-proof suits made of asbestos that we wear when the forum gets hot (I hear there might be health concerns about them, though).

Has a moderator ever been banned or had moderator status revoked for doing something wrong? (a.k.a. become a Common Demoderator?)

Conversely, has a user ever been temporarily banned then later gone on to become a moderator?

EDIT AFTER REPLY: I know you can't say who; I was just curious about whether it had happened or not.

Question for Red Iron Crown: have you changed your password since?

Edited by TheMoonRover

Has a moderator ever been banned or had moderator status revoked for doing something wrong? (a.k.a. become a Common Demoderator?)

Even if there was, we wouldn't reveal that information publically. Definitely Not The Done Thing.

Conversely, has a user ever been temporarily banned then later gone on to become a moderator?

I don't know about banned, but I know at least one moderator who has old infractions from their non-mod days. Same rule as above applies though: We ain't gonna tell ya who!

I think I have warnings at least. Not sure who has the infractions, though.

Take-home lesson : being warned or even infracted is no barrier to being a moderator, as long as you are polite and friendly most of the time.

I think I have warnings at least. Not sure who has the infractions, though.

Take-home lesson : being warned or even infracted is no barrier to being a moderator, as long as you are polite and friendly most of the time.

So when you need a moderator for the ps4 board I'm not out of the running?

What gave you the idea that there would be separate boards?

If the ps4 version won't impede the pc development, they will likely be different, as it is with Minecraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus they just will be different, I'd think.

Never banned, but I had a few notices plus one infraction heavy enough to put me back in the moderation queue for a month before I became a moderator. Regarding the infraction, I knew I was doing wrong when I did what I did, but it was funny and I have no regrets. and I learned a valuable lesson about following the rules.

Question for Red Iron Crown: have you changed your password since?

Yes, now it is BatteryStaplerHorseCorrect. :P

Edited by Supernovy
gg no re

Never banned, but I had a few notices plus one infraction heavy enough to put me back in the moderation queue for a month before I became a moderator. Regarding the infraction, I knew I was doing wrong when I did what I did, but it was funny and I have no regrets. and I learned a valuable lesson about following the rules.

Yes, now it is BatteryStaplerHorseCorrect. :P

Last edited by the Moderator Oversight Committee; Today at 19:49.

Just a tip for potential loggers-in as RIC, I believe that counts as impersonation of a moderator, and is against the rules.

P.S.

You didn't hear this from me. And I never said you should, or shouldn't.

But now you have to tell us what you did!

No, you actually don't. But you should. For science.

I don't mind sharing, especially for science. :)

I figured out how to make it look like someone else edited my posts, so for lulz I did so in a thread about the Magic Boulder, made it look like the SQUAD account was editing my posts to keep the location of the boulder secret. I knew I was skirting the rules when I did it and fully expected a warning or something, but instead I got a 30-point infraction for impersonating Squad staff. The moderator who infracted me was kind enough to write me a very nice PM afterwards explaining why it is not a good idea to do such things even in jest.

Shortly afterwards Rule 3.3 was slightly revised to include the phrase "intended for use of parody", I can't help but feel partly responsible. :D

How do you guys feel about SQUAD's recent decisions (How they announced ps4 release, post 1.0 updates, etc) and the community's backlash? Please, be honest.

If you ask me, I am thrilled by the prospect of Unity 5, because I expect it to include PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS! :D plus, I think it might deal with some of the more annoying, lasting bugs. I did a post here about it.

PS4 : Not so much, although I do look forward to the performance increases that are all but guaranteed by consoles' inferior hardware.

The backlash : a lot of people have been overly negative recently. PS4 does not mean the death if KSP. If Squad b makes a bad decision, cut them some slack. It's their first game, and it's a pretty dang good one for all of its faults. Enjoy what you have, rather than complaining about what you don't

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread of asking the moderators questions about the forums!