Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

21 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

Just reading through the guidelines to catch up on anything important, but this caught my eye:

4.3 Users under the age of 13
Users under the age of 13 who reveal their age or face may have their messages/photos removed and accounts closed for privacy reasons

Didn’t this use to be 18 years old? And if so when and why was this changed?

That's right, and well done for checking :)

Policy now is that under-18s shouldn't reveal personal details, but 13 is the actual age limit for using the forum.  It's a clarification based on our understanding of the law and Squad's desire to protect underage users. 

OK, I do have a real question about the forum... it concerns fonts. When I write a chapter in Emiko Station, I usually start it with a small quote from a song or classic novel... Now, when I'm writing a chapter on my computer, I have about a dozen fonts to choose from. The text is in Arial, but I do the quote using Comic Sans MS. However... I chimed in from my phone the other day, and I noticed the quote is in a much fancier font... some sort of pretty cursive. While I don't have a problem with this, it's got me wondering... why would the font be different? Is it my phone? Oh, I have an LG-7... and would other phones, or perhaps a laptop, have an even different font?  

Just curious...

4 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I imagine neither I or @Just Jim will ever be in the running

Me? No... In all seriousness, I chime in and joke about it now and then, but I really don't want to be one. I'll be the first to admit I'm an old grouch, and there are a couple subjects I have no patience with... and a couple of the moderators already know this... lol.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

The text is in Arial, but I do the quote using Comic Sans MS. However... I chimed in from my phone the other day, and I noticed the quote is in a much fancier font... some sort of pretty cursive. While I don't have a problem with this, it's got me wondering... why would the font be different? Is it my phone? Oh, I have an LG-7... and would other phones, or perhaps a laptop, have an even different font?  

Hmm. I always thought this was an Apple thing, I get the same on my iPad/iPhone vs PC. Must be a mobile thing after all. Would be nice if they could remedy it, that cursive font is really hard to read sometimes. 

3 hours ago, Deddly said:

As I understand things, for a device to be able to display a font, it must have that font installed. Some mobile devices (and some OSs) simply do not come as standard with Comic Sans.

That explains it... thanks! :)

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Here’s a legit question: could we please get a facepalm and/or “bang head against wall” smiley?

Well, those are often used to mock people, and we would prefer people weren't mocking each other on our friendly little space game forum. 

26 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

It seems that if you type K e r b a l S t u f f without the spaces, it comes out as *.

Is this intentional, or was an old testing filter left in place?

(I hope this doesn't fall under circumventing the obscenity filter.)

Edited by adsii1970

59 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

It seems that if you type K e r b a l S t u f f without the spaces, it comes out as *.

Is this intentional, or was an old testing filter left in place?

(I hope this doesn't fall under circumventing the obscenity filter.)

The website has been hijacked and tries to install malicious software on your computer, so we prevented people from linking to it

4 hours ago, Deddly said:

The website has been hijacked and tries to install malicious software on your computer, so we prevented people from linking to it

Wise choice. May want to post an official moderator-posted thread stating that... or maybe I missed that you already did that.

That said, if you don't mind me asking while I'm here posting- hows the moderator team doing these days? I've been last active recently and really don't like that I have been since I miss this community and more importantly enjoy visiting it, especially since I enjoy talking to you moderators :) .

6 hours ago, Deddly said:

For technical forum stuff, @ManeTI

But he is the top member of the forum. Just not in the technical sense... or at least that's what I think and I might be completely wrong. :sealed:

I'm not sure if ManeTI plays KSP, actually, and he isn't a moderator. He's our forum IT guy. :)

... hows the moderator team doing these days? 

We are engaged in a clandestine internal war of assassination and sabotage, battling for supremacy.