Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

8 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Have you ever found somebody with an inappropriate username? What did you do? I'm curious.

It happens from time to time. They are required to choose another name

3 hours ago, Mikenike said:

What is the longest thread y’all have had, besides, What did you do today in KSP?

From what I can tell, and I'm not surprised here, the winner would be the "Ban The User Above You" thread in Forum Games.  But since Forum Games shouldn't really count, as many people just post as quickly as possible in those...

The highest replied thread, excluding WDYDIKSPT, would be The SpaceX Discussion Thread in S&S, followed by the Tantares Mod release thread.

22 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Is that including the pre-oops SpaceX thread or not? :D

It's the thread as it is now, I'm not aware of any oops threads, since the beginning of the current thread was started before I joined the forum.

13 minutes ago, Dirkidirk said:

did you moderators ever BAN ONE OF YOUR OWN, or did a moderator ever do the bad?

We are bound by confidentiality, so we could never answer that question, whoever you're asking it about. Sorry. 

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

It's the thread as it is now, I'm not aware of any oops threads, since the beginning of the current thread was started before I joined the forum.

There used to be another, even longer, SpaceX thread not that long ago, but things happened and it got verschnickened. The one we have today is actually a new/rebuilt thread Still under the factory 1000-page warranty as long as filters are regularly changed.

15 hours ago, Deddly said:

We are bound by confidentiality, so we could never answer that question, whoever you're asking it about. Sorry. 

Also can be taken as a yes, we have, but we cannot say anything about it.

21 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

Also can be taken as a yes, we have, but we cannot say anything about it.

No, it's to be taken as a "we couldn't talk about it whether it is a yes or a no." 

Do not try to read between the lines here. The only answer we have ever been, or ever will be able to give here is no answer, because we have all agreed to an NDA legally binding us to confidentiality.

3 minutes ago, Deddly said:

NDA

?

On 3/12/2020 at 5:54 AM, Deddly said:

Not like it matters, but does it take up a name change slot?

On 3/12/2020 at 6:54 AM, Deddly said:

Does that use up their one and only name change?

6 minutes ago, Fraston said:

?

Non Disclosure Agreement.

They're not only for video game testers, you know. You can sign any agreement to not disclose anything.

25 minutes ago, Deddly said:

No, it's to be taken as a "we couldn't talk about it whether it is a yes or a no." 

Do not try to read between the lines here. The only answer we have ever been, or ever will be able to give here is no answer, because we have all agreed to an NDA legally binding us to confidentiality.

Still don’t mean it didn’t happen. It is like the Huey Long ‘assassination’. His guards saw the guy approach, and ‘shoot him’ the guards proceeded to shoot him. They didn’t find the gun that killed him until a week after his death, the weapon belonged to a police chief on the detail. No autopsy was ever released, and his clothes were destroyed. See? 

More famous case was JFK, people who witnessed another gunman and heard more shots than stated were silenced. A bullet cannot change directions like the Magic Bullet did. The autopsy will never be released and we will never know what actually occurred. See?

Just because y’all deny it doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen, just that they cannot legally tell you it did happen.

For those reading this, if it redacted, then my stories are true!

9 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

Do not try to read between the lines here

What people said when it WAS true. @Deddly

Edited by Mikenike
Messed up quote.

40 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

They're not only for video game testers, you know. You can sign any agreement to not disclose anything.

You tubers sign them when going to game making studios, I.e, activision and looking/playing at a new game/game mode  (In the case of Modern Warfare 2019: WarZone).