Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

15 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

1. How long have you moderators been around?

and 

2. Can you pin the Megathread thread

1) A little over 4 decades.

2) No, the Only posts in the games lounge that get pinned are TOTM's and official posts. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Commodoregamer118 said:

This is my question

what is this

hRDGXSO.png

A badly centered/cropped image.

:D

IIRC it's the date you get when you use "0" for the time stamp. Likely an old thread from a previous form that failed to transfer all data correctly.

38 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

IIRC it's the date you get when you use "0" for the time stamp.

Yep. The Unix epoch is 00:00 on 1st of January 1970 UTC. If you're in a negative timezone, which basically just means the Americas, then that will display as December 31, 1969.

Edited by stibbons

1 hour ago, Commodoregamer118 said:

This is my question

what is this

hRDGXSO.png

The forum has made several transitions to new software. Sometimes old data does not get copied over properly and you might see that default date in place of the posting date and nonsense characters in posts. 

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

The forum has made several transitions to new software. Sometimes old data does not get copied over properly and you might see that default date in place of the posting date and nonsense characters in posts. 

I have been searching and I found total corruption,

All of them are locked, posted by a "Guest" and you "readed them" because of the title highlight, followed by of course the date.

And if you try to access them they are missing.

Interesting.

1 hour ago, VoidSquid said:

Been wondering, I wanted to follow a particular user, but on his profile page the "follow member" button is missing. What's going on?

People can disable followers if they want. 

47 minutes ago, catloaf said:

Why are the all the oldest threads in the lounge locked?

When the forums first started, there weren't many sub forums, so almost all the old threads were lumped together into one sub.   So anything KSP and non KSP related were are jumbled together.  Since most of the KSP related ones from back then are woefully outdated, there is no reason to keep them going.   And due to migrating the forum to new software a couple different times, the formatting on most of them are messed up.  Also the forum rules have evolved since then, and there's some content from way back that wouldn't be allowed today, which is part of the reason we have those rules.

If there's a topic worth reopening for discussion, then start a new thread on the topic, and link the old thread.   But let's not go digging up old threads just for the sake of it, if it's a pertinent addition to the thread, or you have a topic of conversation that an old thread has relevant arguments to, then by all means, start a new one and link the old locked thread. 

If you think there might be an issue with an old thread you'd like to link, just report it, and explain what you want to do with it, and we'll get back to you on it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I would like to hold various competitions named KCP in this forum using BDAmory. What I want to ask here is about Discord Links. I thought that communication with the Korean Forum might be necessary, so I created a Discord channel, and I am planning to provide information about various competitions here. Can I upload a link when promoting the competition? link : https://discord.gg/phDTTF8

Edited by cart324

5 hours ago, cart324 said:

Hello I would like to hold various competitions named KCP in this forum using BDAmory. What I want to ask here is about Discord Links. I thought that communication with the Korean Forum might be necessary, so I created a Discord channel, and I am planning to provide information about various competitions here. Can I upload a link when promoting the competition? link : https://discord.gg/phDTTF8

Yes, that's fine. This would be the place to post your project. https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/25-challenges-mission-ideas/

Why are the regular sad and smiley faces emoticons near the middle of the page, but the weirder ones at the top. Like how is this :kiss: before this :). Also, why is there no still version of this one ;)? I just want the first frame.

Edited by catloaf

This has happened numerous times now. Sometimes, when I mention someone in a post, it prevents me from continuing to write, at least past the mention. Since (at least) I mostly do that at the beginning of a post, this means I can't write anything at all; I need to refresh the page and hope it doesn't happen again.

2 minutes ago, Delay said:

This has happened numerous times now. Sometimes, when I mention someone in a post, it prevents me from continuing to write, at least past the mention. Since (at least) I mostly do that at the beginning of a post, this means I can't write anything at all; I need to refresh the page and hope it doesn't happen again.

That's a new one to me. When did this start happening? 

On 8/20/2020 at 11:47 AM, Delay said:

On 8/20/2020 at 11:58 AM, Delay said:

I don't know exactly, but it's not a "new" problem for me. But I rarely mention as well, if anything I quote.

It happens for me when I'm m on my mobile devices, either my Android phone or my Windows 10 tablet. Every time, too. 

It never does it on my desktop.